20 Movies to Consider For Your Next Movie Marathon

It's so fetch!
15407

I love having movie marathon days in bed especially on a rainy day! So I've compiled a list of 20 great films in all different genres for anyone who's stumped on what to watch next!

1. Any Disney Classic!

You will NEVER go wrong with a Disney Classic. Disney is part of our childhood and just instantly gives you such nostalgia.

2. The Harry Potter Film Series

Because most of us are still waiting for our letter to Hogwarts!

3. The Help

There is a reason why this movie has won so many awards in 2011 and 2012. This movie was a beautiful outlook on Civil Rights in 1063. Most people I know have watched this movie, but if you haven't I highly recommend it. It was an amazing movie with a huge message that was portrayed so beautifully it left me in tears.

4. Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron

With technology constantly evolving, the high definition of scenery in animated movies continues to amaze me. However, in 2002 Spirit was released and to this day, it's one of the most memorable movies in relevance to beautiful artwork and scenery. The amount of attention dedicated to detail in this movie does not go unnoticed and for that alone, I would recommend this movie. In addition, the story line and main actor, Matt Damon does an excellent narration of a wild horses journey being apart from his herd fighting to earn his freedom back. Definite must see, plus the music is awesome as well!

5. Grease

You can't seriously ask why this is on the list, right? It's a CLASSIC. You don't grow up in life not knowing this musical. Troy and Gabriella have nothing on Sandy and Danny! Relieve life at Rydell High and pop this sucker in!

6. Cheaper By the Dozen 1 & 2

We were all part of the Baker family growing up! Cheaper By the Dozen always reminded me how being the 'Fed Ex Kid' was ok. I always wish they came out with a third movie for this!

7. Saw

If you're looking for a good horror movie, Saw is definitely the way to go! I HATE horror movies, but I actually enjoyed the story line for the Saw franchise. Saw is a movie that puts people in a life or death "test" and Jigsaw (the main character) tests individuals based on their decisions in life and whether they appreciate the gift of life or not. Scenes are definitely scary to watch, but the puzzle aspect of the films are definitely what reels you in. Will they live? How are they connected to Jigsaw? What did they do? All questions I had rolling through my head while watching the movie!

8. Soul Surfer

This movie was so inspirational because it was based on a true story about Bethany Hamilton and her fight against a shark attack that changed her life. When a shark attack leaves Bethany without her left arm, she struggles to adjust and most importantly refuses to let her new lifestyle stop her from her one true love, surfing. It's a great story and definitely worth the watch!

9. How to be Single

This movie was so funny. While the story line was good, it was definitely a typical girl comedy. But what really drew me in was Rebel Wilson's character! Rebel Wilson plays the funny and carefree 'single best friend' any single girl would love to have as a wing woman. She's funny, knows how to party, a great right-hand girl, and most importantly an even better best friend! She is honestly the main reason to watch this movie!

10. Pirates of the Caribbean

CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow. Because if Johnny Depp wasn't Jack Sparrow I probably would have lost interest after the Black Pearl. Kira Knightly is my idol, proving she can be one of the boys and kick butt just as well as the boys can! Plus, Orlando Bloom isn't too bad to look at either. Just saying!

11. Taken

Liam Neeson officially became the world's most badass dad after this movie. As a former CIA operative, Neeson's character Bryan Mills goes on a mission to find his daughter after she was abducted by human traffickers in a foreign country. He uses the skills he's learned over the years to find her and basically rips through a foreign country and kills anyone who stands in the way of finding his daughter. It's a great action packed movie which really shows fathers will go to any lengths for their daughters. While there were two more movies after the original, the original is definitely the best of the three!

12 The Chronicle's of Narnia

If you didn't read this book in elementary school you should read it now, no matter what age you are. This book stands out as one of the books I actually remember enjoying! When the movie came out I was so excited and the movie did not disappoint! It was everything I dreamed and more! I still pop that in every now and then and re-watch them!

13. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

DEFINITELY in one of my top favorite movies. This is a great romantic comedy about the lovely Kate Hudson playing Andie Anderson trying to lose a guy in 10 days by being a guys biggest nightmare. While on the other end of the spectrum, Benjamin Barry is trying to get a girl to fall in love with him in 10 days. What happens when these 2 are paired with one another? Complete and utter chaos. It's absolutely wonderful! Definitely a girls night in kind of movie!

14. John Q

This movie shows a parent will go to any length to protect their child. Even if it means going to prison for the rest of your life... Denzel Washington plays the main character, John Q. When his son desperately needs a life or death heart transplant, John Q. will stop at no ends to ensure his son's life is saved. When things get desperate, John takes the emergency room of the hospital hostage in exchange for his son's name to be placed on the transplant list. John and the hostages form a bond and share their stories with one another. I don't want to spoil the ending, but John suffers a guilty verdict and sent to jail for an unknown amount of time. Did he succeed in saving his son? You're just going to have to watch to find out!

15. 21 Jump Street

Channing Tantum and Jonah Hill make the best and worst tag team ever. If I had to depend on these two to save my life, I'd honestly be a little scared. But if these two were my best friends, we'd have the best time! This movie is hysterical from start to finish and the sequel did not disappoint!

16. Mrs. Doubtfire

Because we all wish we had a nanny like Mrs. Doubtfire. One of Robin Williams iconic roles! To this day this movie never fails to make me laugh. Not much I can say about this movie other than go rewatch it, or fall in love with it for the first time!

17. Never Back Down

Honestly, I only watched this movie because I love Sean Farris. But little did I know this actually became one of my favorite movies! A troubled kid who originally wants to learn MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) to beat people up, quickly realizes MMA is something he loves. His coach has one rule, and it's not to fight outside of the gym. But when Jake Tyler is faced with his biggest enemy, will he listen to his coach? It's a movie with a great storyline and great soundtrack! So go find out!

18. Jurassic World

Because this movie is the fourth highest-grossing film in the world and definitely exceeded my expectations! Not only was it beautifully made with the CGI being so realistic, but in addition, the plot line and the acting were just as phenomenal!

19. National Treasure 1 & 2

Some people didn't like this movie, but honestly, it's always a favorite of mine! It's mind blowing how little things in some of the most iconic moments in history is used to find a treasure. Like the secret map on the back of the Declaration of Independence that can only be seen with lemon juice and heat. Maybe I'm a loser for thinking thats cool, but I'm ok with it! It's a great puzzle solving movie that definitely caught my interest, so maybe it'll catch yours as well!

20. Mean Girls

Because this is a must at EVERY movie marathon. It's so fetch!

Note: As an Amazon Associate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.