20 Mandela Effects That Will Make You Question Everything You Thought You Knew

We may be living in a parallel universe.

2388

If you haven’t heard of the Mandela Effect yet, you may want to sit down.

This all began back in 2010 when a paranormal researcher named Fiona Broome and many other people started coming out saying that they remembered Nelson Mandela dying in prison back in the ‘80s. Many said they remembered hearing about Mandela's death when they were living through the '80s, or even learning about it in school, but Mandela's actual death was in December of 2013. Large groups of people will confidently swear on this unexplained and evidently false memory, so naturally, the internet has exploded with talk about it.

What could be causing so many people to believe in something that apparently never happened? Have we jumped into a parallel universe? Did time travelers cause a butterfly effect, messing up one small thing leading to many other small changes? Or are we all just crazy?

No one really knows the answer to this question, but it’s pretty insane to think that so many people share the same false memories. Here are some Mandela effects that will blow your freaking mind.

1. The bears of our childhood

What did you call these bears? The Berenstein Bears? Yeah, me too.

But now, you won't find that name anywhere. The actual name was the Berenstain Bears, spelled with an "a." This seems to be one of the biggest Mandela effects that is blowing everyone's minds. I know I specifically remember emphasizing the "stein" as a child, as opposed to "stain."

People have even gone back and found their old books, but they all say "Berenstain." However, this photo of a VHS tape from 1988 has recently surfaced on the internet.

This just hurts my head.

2. Our favorite chicken restaurant

How would you spell the name of the restaurant associated with this logo?

Many people would say it is "Chic-fil-a" when actually it is "Chick-fil-a" with a "k."

This is another one of those where I know as a child I always told myself it was spelled wrong so I could remember how to spell it. I even distinctly remember in middle school when I noticed it changed, and I thought the brand did it on purpose.

3. The Evil Queen's saying

Go ahead, say it in your head. "Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?"

Nope. Apparently it's "magic mirror on the wall."

I can't even.

4. The Looney Toons

Wait, what? Why is it "Tunes?" THEY DON'T EVEN SING.

"TOONS" AS IN "CARTOONS" DANG IT.

5. Sex in the City

Okay, this one legitimately doesn't make sense to me. Why would it be "and" instead of "in?" I know I remember this one being "Sex in the City."

6. Chartreuse

When you hear the color name "chartreuse" what do you imagine?

I always thought it was a reddish/pinkish color, as did many others, but apparently this is chartreuse:

WHAT.

7. The popular air freshener

Where is the other "e"? WHERE IS IT?

8. Forrest Gump's famous saying

What did Mama always say?

Many people think, "Mama always said life is like a box of chocolates."

But the universe tells us otherwise. Apparently it's, "Life WAS like a box of chocolates."

9. My bologna has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R. My bologna has a second name, it's...

If you sang this jingle as a child, you KNOW it was "Oscar Meyer." Come on, now.

10. Silence of the Lambs

We all know what Hannibal Lector said: "Hello, Clarice."

Actually... he just said "good morning."

But...but.. the memes?

11. Mona Lisa

Many people remember the Mona Lisa to have a completely straight face. There have even been sarcastic jokes about a "Mona Lisa smile" because she was so serious.

So where did this smirk come from?

12. Jiffy peanut butter was never a thing

Just try to Google it. Turns out it was always "Jif."

I'm not buying this one.

13. The Monopoly Man

First, picture the Monopoly man in your head. What do you see? Anything special about him? Particularly on his face?

Many people, myself included, remember the Monopoly Man to have a monocle on his face, but apparently...

that monocle never existed!

14. Those fruity cereal loops

Fruit Loops, right? Wrong.

15. Curious George

Remember the friendly little monkey cartoon who was best pals with the man in the yellow hat? Picture him for a second. Got it?

Well, if you pictured him with a tail, you were wrong because apparently he never had one.

Come on, what kind of monkey doesn't have a tail?

16. The white stuff that fixes your mistakes

Does this look weird to you? A lot of people remember it as "White Out."

I just can't be sure of anything anymore.

17. The Mouse House

Remember the home of your childhood birthday parties with all of the games and the yummy pizza?

What was that called? Chuck E. Cheese? Nope.

No one knows where this pluralization came from, but we're all very upset about it.

18. The breakable, crunchy, chocolate bar

What do you think these are called? Kit-Kats? Nope.

There apparently is no hyphen.

19. Star Wars controversy

Sorry for the spoiler, but in case you didn't know, Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father. Remember the famous moment when he admits this?

"Luke, I am your father."

Nope.

Actually, it's "No, I am your father."

20. "We are the champions..."

You know the song by Queen that was played at every sporting event ever when you were young? How do you remember the ending?

Here's how I, and many others, remember it: "We are the champions (beat, beat) of the world"

Here's how it apparently ends: "We are the champions..."

And that's it! It feels so wrong it makes me cringe.

That's all for the Mandela effects so far! There definitely are more out there, and people are acknowledging more every single day.

What do you think? Are we crazy? Are we slipping into parallel universes? Or is the butterfly effect impacting us due to time travelers? We may never know...