20 Little Things To Be Thankful For

20 Little Things To Be Thankful For

Although this list can in no way sum up all things beautiful in this world, I hope that something in it took you to a place of comfort, remembrance, and joy.

96
20 Little Things To Be Thankful For
Unsplash

The world has so much evil present, and it seems as if people have been disagreeing forever on anything and everything they can. In a world where broken homes are real, self-esteem issues run rampant, and bad things happen to good people, sometimes it's refreshing to simply take time to appreciate the little blessings in life.

In celebration of my 20th birthday this weekend, I wanted to write something that reflected some of the many treasures that I am thankful for. However, rather than only giving my opinion, I decided to take this opportunity to reach out to people on my campus, in my classes, and staying in my residence hall for things that they identified as positive, that made them smile, or that reflected a time when good overshadowed evil that they may want to share. Following, you will find a satisfying and hopefully uplifting compilation of the top answers given to my survey. Here's to learning to appreciate the little things, too.

1. Pets. Nothing beats unconditional love from an animal.

2. Seeing family.

3. Friendship.

4. Falling asleep at night next to the person you love.

5. Hard work paying off.

6. Talking to a pretty girl.

7. Sunsets after a long day.

8. Sports in general. The ability to move.

9. Whales breaching.

10. Cheesecake and puppies.

11. Stopping to smell the flowers.

12. Coffee and Bible time.

13. Refund checks in college.

14. Sweet treats.

15. The feeling of clean bed sheets after shaving your legs.

16. Sunni Skies Ice cream.

17. Sweet hugs from little ones.

18. The feeling of nostalgia when hearing a song from 2003 and remembering all the words!

29. Alpacas.

20. The smell of an early fall morning.

Although this list can in no way sum up all things beautiful in this world, I hope that something in it took you to a place of comfort, remembrance, and joy. In life, you will be faced with hard days, weeks, and even years. Because we know negative feelings, we are much more apt to fully feel the good ones. I hope that it occurs to you during a time of trial that though you are going through a storm, there are clear skies to be grateful for. I hope that even when you are at your happiest, you take some time to honor the things you have going for you. The Lord has given us such an amazing world, and the feelings with which to experience it with. Smile, determine what happiness means to you, and chase after that. The world will always have more amazing things left for you to discover.