- The Holidays Whatever you celebrate, the holidays are full of food, fun, family, and friends. Who doesn’t love that???
- SNOW SNOW SNOW! Come on, snow is awesome. (When you don’t have to drive in it, that is.)
- Sledding/Tubing. Go down that hill at lighting speed!
- Hot Chocolate. What’s that song from the Polar Express?
- Lights. Twinkly lights everywhere! And, those slightly scary blow-up Santas.
- The Cold Air. I don’t know about you, but even those my face feels like it’ll freeze off, there’s something so refreshing about cold air in your lungs.
- Cuddling. Curling up by the fire with a loved one and some hot cocoa is one of the best things about the season.
- Fire. Has anyone ever actually roasted chestnuts on an open fire? If you have, let me know if it’s as fun as it sounds.
- Christmas Tree. The smell of pine and pretty, sparkly ornaments!
- Family. Once the holidays hit, you’re stuck with them! Enjoy the time.
- Lazy Days. Or more specifically, SNOW DAYS.
- Shoveling (What?) Alright, this one’s weird, but there’s something so fun about bundling up and doing all that work and coming back to steaming tea or hot chocolate!
- Ice Skating! I’m not an olympian, but who doesn’t love to fall a few times just for fun?
- Shopping. Christmas shopping, just for fun shopping, shopping with friends, shopping with family...I just love shopping, especially when the mall is decorated for the holidays!
- Wrapping Presents! Spread that love around. Wrapping presents is so much fun!
- Cookies, Cookies, and more Cookies...And too many cookies. It’s holiday cookies galore in my house every year, and let me tell you: by the time the holidays are over, my stomach can most definitely wait until next Christmas for more!
- Seeing Your Breath. There’s something about it being so cold that you can see your breath that makes me feel like a fire breathing dragon! But, the really cold kind.
- Snowy Night Walks. If you’ve never taken a walk while it’s snowing and you haven’t experienced the quiet, fluorescent white atmosphere, I suggest giving it a try. Take a camera, the dog, or a friend and watch the snow come down as you crunch through it.
- Holiday Music. It’s honestly my favorite. I put it on starting in November.
- New Year’s Fireworks. The end of a great year, and the start of an even better one!
To the boy that will love me next, I need you to know and understand things about me and my past. The things I have been though not only have shaped the person I’ve become, but also sometimes controls my life. In the past I’ve been used, abused, and taken for granted, and I want something real this time. The guys before you were just boys; they didn’t know how to treat me until it was too late. They didn’t understand how to love me, until I broke my own heart. Before you truly decide to love me I want you to understand these things.
When I tell you something, please listen.
I’m my own person, I want to be loved a certain way. If I ask you to come over and watch movies with me please do it, if I ask for you to leave me alone for a few hours because it’s a girl’s night please do it. I don’t just say things to hear my own voice, I say things to you because it’s important to my life and the way I want to be loved. I’m not a needy person when it comes to being loved and cared for, but I do ask for you to do the small things that I am say.
Forgive my past.
My past is not a pretty brick road, it is a highway that has a bunch of potholes and cracks in it. I have a lot of baggage, and most of it you won’t understand. But don’t let my past decided whether you want to love me or not. My past has helped form who I am today, but it does not define who I am. My past experiences might try and make an appearance every once in a while, but I will not go back to that person I once was, I will not return to all that hurt I once went though. When I say those things, I’m telling the complete and honest truth. I relive my past every day, somethings haunt me and somethings are good reminds. But for you to love me, I need you to accept my past, present and future.
I’m just another bro to the other guys.
I have always hung out with boys, I don’t fit in with the girl groups. I have 10 close girlfriends, but the majority of my friends are guy, but don’t let this scare you. If I wanted to be with one of my guy friends I would already be with him, and if you haven’t noticed I don’t want them because I’m with you. I will not lose my friendships with all my guy friends to be able to stay with you. I will not cut off ties because you don’t like my guy friends. I have lost too many buddies because of my ex-boyfriends and I promised myself I wouldn’t do that again. If you don’t like how many guy friends I have you can leave now. Don’t bother trying to date me if you can accept the fact I’m just another bro.
I might be a badass, but I actually have a big heart.
To a lot of people I come off to be a very crazy and wild girl. I will agree I can be crazy and wild, but I’m more than that. I’m independent, caring, responsible, understanding, forgiving, and so such more type of woman. Many people think that I’m a badass because I don’t take any negatively from anyone. Just like we learned when we were younger, “if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say it at all.” Most people can’t do that in today’s world, so I stick up for myself and my friends. I don’t care what anyone thinks about me, or their option on how I live my life. The only thing I care about is being able to make myself happy. Even though I’m an independent woman, understand that I do have a big heart. Honesty when I truly care for someone I will do just about anything they ask, but don’t take advantage of this. Once you take advantage of this part of me, all respect will be lost for you.
I’m hard to love.
Sometimes I want to be cuddle and get attention, and sometimes I don’t want you to talk to me for a couple hours. Sometimes I want you to take me out for a nice meal, but sometimes I want a home cooked meal. Every day is different for me, sometimes I change my mind every hour. My mood swings are terrible on certain days, and on those days you should probably just ignore me. I’m not easy to love, so you’ll either be willing to find a way to love me, or you’ll walk out like so many others have.
I’m scared to love someone again. I’ve been hurt, heartbroken, and beat to the ground in my past relationships. I want to believe you are different, I want to hope things will truly work out, but every relationship has always ended up the same way. I’m scared to trust someone, put my whole heart into them, just to be left and heartbroken again. I sick and tired of putting my whole body and soul into someone for them to just leave when it is convenient for them. If you want to love me, understand it won’t be easy for me to love you back.
When “I’m done.”
When I say “I’m done” I honestly don’t mean that I’m done. When I say that it means I need and want you to fight for me, show me why you want to be with me. I need you to prove that I’m worth it and there’s no one else but me. If I was truly done, I would just walk away, and not come back. So if I ever tell you, “I’m done,” tell me all the reasons why I’m truly not done.
For the boy who will love me next, the work is cut out for you, you just have to be willing to do it. I’m not like other girls, I am my own person, and I will need to be treated as such. For the boy that will love me next, don’t bother with me unless you really want to be with me. I don’t have time to waste on you if you aren’t going to try and make something out of us. To the boy who will love me next, the last thing I would like to say is good luck, I have faith in you.
I think that my tree would not be considered Christmas-y if the ornaments are taken off and the lights are kept on. I think to just looks wintry. I am also keeping up decorations that say "let it snow", and I am keeping up any snowman without holly berries or presents in their hands.
The tree looks wintry in my opinion. It looks pretty with the lights and brings the room together. It gives off a warm ambiance, unlike that of fluorescent lighting.
I've taken all ornaments off except for gold snowflakes and I've left the silver tinsel garland on as well as the lights. It looks wintry to me still. I will probably be taking the whole tree down by the end of this month to prepare for Valentine's Day decorating. (Yes, I pretty much decorate my apartment for every holiday—sue me).
There's nothing like coming downstairs and seeing those lights sparkling.
Or coming inside from a dreary, rainy day outside and seeing them light up the room in a calm, warm, and comforting glow.
Or having a bad day, looking up, and seeing them shine.
It sort of makes me upset when I come downstairs and see that someone has unplugged them, to be honest.
I guess they don't see it as I do.
Pretty, twinkling lights forever!