20 Fantastic Things I Love About Winter

20 Fantastic Things I Love About Winter

I'm sure you'll find something in this list you can agree on!
17
  1. The Holidays Whatever you celebrate, the holidays are full of food, fun, family, and friends. Who doesn’t love that???
  2. SNOW SNOW SNOW! Come on, snow is awesome. (When you don’t have to drive in it, that is.)
  3. Sledding/Tubing. Go down that hill at lighting speed!
  4. Hot Chocolate. What’s that song from the Polar Express?
  5. Lights. Twinkly lights everywhere! And, those slightly scary blow-up Santas.
  6. The Cold Air. I don’t know about you, but even those my face feels like it’ll freeze off, there’s something so refreshing about cold air in your lungs.
  7. Cuddling. Curling up by the fire with a loved one and some hot cocoa is one of the best things about the season.
  8. Fire. Has anyone ever actually roasted chestnuts on an open fire? If you have, let me know if it’s as fun as it sounds.
  9. Christmas Tree. The smell of pine and pretty, sparkly ornaments!
  10. Family. Once the holidays hit, you’re stuck with them! Enjoy the time.
  11. Lazy Days. Or more specifically, SNOW DAYS.
  12. Shoveling (What?) Alright, this one’s weird, but there’s something so fun about bundling up and doing all that work and coming back to steaming tea or hot chocolate!
  13. Ice Skating! I’m not an olympian, but who doesn’t love to fall a few times just for fun?
  14. Shopping. Christmas shopping, just for fun shopping, shopping with friends, shopping with family...I just love shopping, especially when the mall is decorated for the holidays!
  15. Wrapping Presents! Spread that love around. Wrapping presents is so much fun!
  16. Cookies, Cookies, and more Cookies...And too many cookies. It’s holiday cookies galore in my house every year, and let me tell you: by the time the holidays are over, my stomach can most definitely wait until next Christmas for more!
  17. Seeing Your Breath. There’s something about it being so cold that you can see your breath that makes me feel like a fire breathing dragon! But, the really cold kind.
  18. Snowy Night Walks. If you’ve never taken a walk while it’s snowing and you haven’t experienced the quiet, fluorescent white atmosphere, I suggest giving it a try. Take a camera, the dog, or a friend and watch the snow come down as you crunch through it.
  19. Holiday Music. It’s honestly my favorite. I put it on starting in November.
  20. New Year’s Fireworks. The end of a great year, and the start of an even better one!