The best, most wonderful time of the year is
finally upon us: Summer is here. There is nothing more relaxing than grabbing some buds, packing the car, and heading down to the beach for the day. When you do decide to make that trip, here twenty songs to make beach day that much better.
1. Some Beach- Blake Shelton
I mean, what better song for a beach playlist than a song literally talking about an umbrella casting shade over an empty chair on a beach.
2. "Beer In Mexico" - Kenny Chesney
You may just be sitting in a chair on the beach in Yorktown, VA Beach, or even OBX. However, no one can stop you from dreaming, right?
3. "Margaritaville" - Jimmy Buffett
It's a classic. It has to be on the playlist.
4. "When The Sun Goes Down" - Kenny Chesney
Who says the fun has to stop when the sun goes down? In all honesty, that's when all of the fun begins.
5. "Somethin' I'm Good At" - Brett Eldredge
When you find somthin' you're really good at, you write a song about it. When that song is a 10/10, you put it on a beach playlist.
6. "Body Like A Backroad" - Sam Hunt
Because this song makes everyone dance and makes it impossible to have a bad time.
7. "Drinkin' Problem" - Midland
Can you really have a drinking problem at the beach?
8. "Out Last Night" - Kenny Chesney
Really anything by Kenny Chesney is perfect for the beach.
9. "Somewhere On A Beach" - Dierkes Bentley
Who doesn't wanna be on a beach, sippin' something strong, right?
10. "Move" - Luke Bryan
This song makes anyone want to M-O-V-E your way on over to the beach.
11. "Toes" - Zac Brown Band
Once you have your toes in the water and your toes in the sand, there's no way you are ever going to want to leave the beach.
12. "One Tequila" - Jamie Richards
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor. This song makes anyone want to get out of their beach chairs and start dancing.
13. "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problem" - Kenny Chesney
When you're at the beach, there are no shoes, no shirt, and no problems.
14. "Chicken Fried" - Zac Brown Band
Zac Brown is another beach favorite. So, much like Kenny Chesney, anything by Zac Brown is acceptable at the beach.
15. "Pretty Good At Drinkin' Beer" - Billy Currington
I mean, when you're of age, what else would you need to be good at while you're at the beach?
16. "Wagon Wheel" - Darius Rucker
A remix of this classic is a positive crowd pleaser for all of your beach buds.
17. "Day Drinking" - Little Big Town
The title says it all.
18. "Buy Me A Boat" - Chris Janson
Watching the boats hop the waves in the ocean makes me want a boat of my own. So, if anyone wants to buy me a boat, I won't deny.
19. "Saltwater Gospel" - Eli Young Band
When I'm sitting in a beach chair on the edge of the water, admiring God's work, this is the first song that pops into my head.
20. "Ocean Front Property" - George Strait
Finally, a classic by the King of Country himself, George Strait. There is no better way to end a beach day, or beach playlist, than to end it with him.
I love the beach almost as much as I love country music. I hope this playlist full of classics, throwbacks, and newer country will serve you as well as it has served me.