20 Things To Do Over Christmas Break

20 Things To Do Over Christmas Break

Winter is here!

45
20 Things To Do Over Christmas Break

The moment we have all been waiting for since the beginning of the fall semester is finally here: winter break. Finals have passed and everyone is making their journey back to their hometowns — whether it be long or short. There are many activities for you to do over the long, much-needed break, so check them out and give one (or two) a try!

1. Sleep

I have a horrendous sleep schedule right now. Though I need sleep and love it, I won’t allow myself to get any when I’m stressed. So, I’m hoping for a relaxing break where I can lay in bed drifting in-and-out of consciousness for an entire day. I mean, I’ve earned it…right?

2. Go exercise

Go to the gym, walk your dog, or try cardio drumming. Exercising will boost your mood and pass the time quickly.

3. Binge watch shows

I know this is a common thing to do in the process of finals, but think of how much more you could enjoy the show if you weren’t constantly thinking about that paper you need to write or that exam in a couple days. If you aren't sure on what shows to start, I highly recommend Greys Anatomy, Orange is the New Black, Jane the Virgin, and Reign.

4. Read a book

This may not be a universal desire, but books are a perfect way to get away from reality.

5. Treat your skin to a face mask

Pamper yourself. You won't regret it.

6. Spend time with your family

What's a better way to pass time than to spend it with people you haven't seen in months? Catch up with some of your favorite people that you don't get to see often while you're at school.

7. Watch all of the Harry Potter movies

I can't tell you how many times I've done this. Whether you love Harry Potter or you've only seen one movie before, this is one of my favorite ways to pass time when I'm alone.

8. Have a girls trip

Anyone up for an adventure?

9. Go shopping

This one is a no-brainer. Who doesn't love buying themselves some of their own holiday gifts? It's the best time for it too, you've just been through finals which in itself is a reason to treat yourself.

10. Read some funny articles from Odyssey

I recommend anything the Cleveland State University team has written.

11. Eat a home-cooked meal

Because home-cooked meals are the best.

12. Catch up with old friends

Long distance friendships are hard, but the few times during the school year when you can hang out with old friends is a blessing. These people know you, and you don’t have to pretend to be something you’re not with them.

13. Go to a concert

Gather your favorite group of friends and family and go enjoy a concert of your favorite band or one you've never even heard of.

14. Redecorate your room

It's time for a change and it'll give something to do.

15. Snuggle with pets

I actually do this every day.

16. Watch movies

It'll help pass the time, and who doesn't love a good movie from time-to-time.

17. Have a New Year's party

It's a great time to get your friends and loved ones around, to watch the ball drop and bring in the New Year, and maybe pop some champagne.

18. Play in the snow

Because what else are you going to do with it.

19. Take a bubble bath

Lush bath bombs anyone?

20. Relax: do nothing at all

My best advice... Do nothing at all. I don't know about you but every day at school I have about five minutes a day to relax. Take advantage of your break by taking some deep breaths and doing nothing.