19 Things I Learned in 19 Years.
Lifestyles

19 Things I Learned in 19 Years.

First year of adulthood done, and I am (kind of) figuring it all out.

33
19 Things I Learned in 19 Years.

1. The leap of faith is the scariest part.

Everything else after that is just figuring it all out, all you need is 20 seconds of insane courage and a whole lot of faith. You'll still be scared at times, but that is how you grow.

2. People will tell you they care about you, but once they have no obligation to care about you anymore they will stop.

It will hurt, but all you can do is just live life and work through it until you're okay. When people stop caring about you, you will find other people who do and that is better.

3. Growing up isn't easy

It's actually kind of scary, but just take it one day at a time. Someone told me once that the best part of adulthood is that everyone else is also just trying to figure it out, and that is what I live by.

4. Some people won't believe in you no matter how badly you want them to.

Some people will not see that you are smart and capable, no matter how many times you prove them wrong. This will hurt, but you are okay, and better of without these people. Always remember how amazing you are, and be your own champion.

5. Summer is the best.

Especially at the lake. This summer I went to door county for the first time with one of my friends, and it was the best day of the summer. Also summer nights are amazing, especially when you are surrounded by the right people. All in all, summer is amazing.

6. Sometimes in order to see the good, you have to be the good.

This sounds clique, but it is true. Be a genuinely nice person, and other people will follow. Be kind even when others are not. Not everyone was kind to Jesus, but he still died for them. Remember this next time you want to react to something.

7. Black bean burgers are the best thing.

These and pasta have slowly become my favorite food, and the only reason I survived being a vegetarian.

8. Commitment isn't the scariest thing in the world.

This is saying a lot coming from me, but just find someone you really love and everything will fall into place. Sometimes, life will throw you with someone and it will all work out.

9. Starbucks is the best

It doesn't only have the best coffee with the most variety, it's also the best place to do homework (don't fight me on this.) The public library is a also an awesome place to do homework if it's hard to focus at Starbucks!

10. It is okay to try at something and fail

If you truly try at something, and fail that is okay. Sometimes that is life, but accepting failure without trying is not okay.

11. Science is actually remarkable

It is literally the reason why everything around us is the way it is. As nerdy as it sounds, I do not see anything more grand then understanding the world around me on a deeper level.

12. There is a reason why they say Disney is the happiest place on earth

The moment you step in there it feels like a whole new world. You see the princesses, and the rides and everyone with their mickey ears. It is not something you can get at a lot of other places. Even if you're older, it still does not lose the magic.

13. It's okay to focus on yourself.

It is not your responsibility to take care of everyone, especially if that means not taking care of yourself. I am good at taking care of people, almost too good. I often forget to take care of myself. It is okay to be a little selfish sometimes. Not to be detriment to those around you, but to help yourself.

14. Do not stay in a friendship just because it's what you are comfortable with.

Toxic relationship will drain you, but once you get rid of them you'll feel like you can breath again. You will no longer feel like you're carrying the world on your shoulders.

15. Do not be around people that make you feel small.

The people who try to make you small, in order to make themselves better are not people you should surround yourself with. They are the type of people that are too insecure to be good people, and that will effect you. You are better then that.

16. Life goes by fast

I know this is a cliche, but believe me when I say that life goes by way faster then you can imagine. Especially when you are in high school, try to enjoy every moment before it is over.

17. Always take life one thing at time.

Most of the things you're anxious about is solely because you're think way too far into the future and about things you can't control. Life is messy and complicated but if you just take little steps you'll get to were you need to eventually.

18. It's okay to miss something, but not want it back.

I know seeing old pictures , or remembering memories will hurt. This is completely normal, and actually really healthy. It shows that you have the ability to care about people. Not wanting to go back to them, show that you know what you deserve.

19. Life is amazing, and the world is beautiful.

Remember this as you are rushing from one place to another. Take time to focus on nature, and the humanity of the world. Also, let your heart be one of those beautiful places.