My 19th birthday came and went this past weekend, and I have to say, it was one of the best ones yet! I was able to spend time with friends and family, celebrate, and have a great day surrounded by loved ones! As the day went on, it got me thinking… what actually happens when you reach 19? You can get your license when you’re 16, buy R rated tickets when your 17, and become a legal adult at 18. But not much goes on when you hit age 19. To make up for this lack of “stuff,” I’ve decided to create 19 goals for myself during my year of being 19 years old.
1. Do a random act of kindness once a day
2. Spend more time with family
3. Create a tradition
4. Face a fear
5. Do something you can’t do when you’re in your 20’s
6. Clean my room every day
7. Write down as many good thoughts and memories as I can
8. Actually watch movies people recommend to me
9. Read a book a month
10. Dedicate more time towards friends
11. Get another tattoo
12. Try new food
13. Take breaks when breaks are needed
14. Pick a new favorite restaurant
15. Be more spontaneous
16. Take myself on a date
17. Be more active
18. Live every day to the fullest
19. Enjoy being 19, and hope that 20 doesn’t come too fast!
I hope that by the time I reach 20, I'll be able to say that I have reached all of these goals and that I can start my next birthday with a whole new set of achievements!