19 Fun Things To Do This Summer

19 Fun Things To Do This Summer

Beat the boredom and beat the heat!

4
19 Fun Things To Do This Summer

1. Visit a museum, art gallery, or zoo.

If you're looking to save some money and still have a great time, museums, art galleries, or zoos tend to offer free admission days. Just look up the place you're interested in and find out if they're offering any free days. This is a great way to have fun and be engaged during the summer with friends or family.

2. Take a beach/lake trip.

Beach trips are a must in the summer, but make them even more fun by having a to-do list of things you wanna do. Bring activities of your own or set plans beforehand at some of the attractions nearby to make the most of your time at the beach.

3. Movie hopping.

This is a fun one to do with friends if you're bored and haven't seen any movies in a while. It's a great way to de-stress and spend a day indoors if the summer heat is too much.

4. Photoshoots.

This one might seem odd, but it can be pretty fun! Grab a few of your friends and your phones or a digital camera and go to different places and take turns taking photographs for each other. You'll be able to get some amazing shots for Instagram and have fun as well.

5. Go bar hopping.

If you and your friends are all over 21, this is a great way to check out some places with good food, good drinks, and good entertainment! Some bars have live music, cool DJs, amazing food, or beautiful views of the city and bar hopping will let you experience it all. It's also a great way to meet new people while having fun.

6. Take a mini road trip.

Probably one of the best things to do is to take a road trip with your friends. But sometimes that can be hard to do if you're too young or have strict parents. Instead, you could have a mini road trip to somewhere nearby and spend the day exploring a new part of your state or city. As long as you make it feel like a road trip, it's a great way to have fun with your friends and learn about a new city.

7. Go hiking or camping.

If you can handle bugs, nature, and the heat, you can definitely have fun hiking or camping. Getting outdoors is a great way to enjoy the summer heat and still get some exercise in. It's also a fun experience to camp if you've never done so.

8. Exercise or play outdoor sports.

The best way to get some exercise in this summer is to play some sports. Football, soccer, baseball, basketball, whatever you like to do, go do it! Yeah you might sweat and have to deal with the heat, but it's fun and it's a good way to keep you healthy.

9. Go to a music festival.

Concerts can get pretty pricey, but if you have a singer or band you're dying to see, try going to a music festival instead! Not only will you save money by seeing multiple artists at once, but you can also discover other artists that you might like.

10. Stargazing.

You can do this with friends, a significant other, your family, whoever! It's always nice to enjoy the cool summer nights by stargazing. You can even print out a constellation map and see if you can find some of the ones that appear most during summer.

11. Go outdoor mall shopping.

Outdoor malls are a great way to get some shopping done while still being outdoors during the summer. They tend to have all the stores most people shop in, and are usually situated with walkways between shops that are open to the outside, making it a perfect mix of an indoor and outdoor activity.

12. Explore nature preserves.

If you happen to live near towns with many forest preserves, you should consider exploring them. As long as it's safe to do so, grab a friend and go on a mini trail hike down these preserves. Although it doesn’t seem like much, you'd be surprised at what kind of animals and plants you can encounter. It's also a good way to connect with nature and enjoy the outdoors.

13. Go boating.

If you love to get on the water, boating is a great activity for the summer. You can canoe, kayak, speed boat, etc. and get a chance to explore lakes or oceans.

14. Volunteer.

Do you want to do something meaningful this summer? Then consider spending time volunteering! You could volunteer at a hospital, an animal shelter, a nursing home, or any organization you prefer. This is a great way to meet new people, do something worthwhile, and make a huge difference.

15. DIY waterpark.

Remember the good old days when you had fun with a sprinkler or a slip-n-slide? Why not recreate that? You're never too old to make your own waterpark in your backyard. Just buy a kiddie pool and an inflatable water slide and you're basically good to go.

16. Cook or try new recipes.

Cooking is probably one of the greatest things to do, because you get to learn something new and well, obviously, food. A good way to beat boredom this summer is to practice your skills in the kitchen by either making food you already know or trying a new recipe. Whatever the reason, you'll have fun doing it, and best of all, you get to eat what you made!

17. Take a bike ride.

Taking a bike ride is not only a good way to be outside, but it's also a great way to exercise. Take advantage of any trails or nature paths around where you live and ride your bike outside. You'll have fun and get a chance to enjoy summer weather.

18. Theme parks.

Who doesn't love going to theme parks? Ride roller coasters, play carnival games, or relax by the pool in the waterpark. There are so many things to do at theme parks, so take advantage of the time you have and do as much as you can.

19. Have a bonfire.

Probably the best way to end a summer day is to sit around a bonfire and enjoy the company of friends or family. Make s'mores, toast marshmallows, and talk. It's a great way to spend more time with the ones you love.