My Favorite Photos Explained

19 Of My Favorite Photos Explained

I was going through my photo gallery on a plane, because the wifi was down, and decided to shine a light on some of my favorite memories that have been stored away.

97
19 Of My Favorite Photos Explained
Kelsi Mills

I decided to go through my photo gallery and choose some of the best pictures I have, and explain their meaning and background.

1. Junior Float

2015

This is my best friend, Abbey, and I dressed up as Princess Leia and Padme from Star Wars for our junior year float in high school. Our class won the float competition during Homecoming almost every year, and it's because we went all-out.

2. "Drinking" Wine

2016

I went to Publix one night with a fellow classmate, because we needed some ingredients for a dish we were making in Home Economics. We passed the wine aisle and thought it would be funny to send in our group chat.

3. Record Store

2016

For my sixteenth birthday, my parents took Abbey and I to see my favorite band, 5 Seconds of Summer in Atlanta. We stayed for a couple of days, and during one of our explorations in the city, we found this quaint record shop and had so much fun looking through all the albums.

4. Round 2

2017

The next year, 5SOS decided to take their tour to Oak Mountain, and we wouldn't have missed it for anything. The only thing is, it started pouring rain while we were waiting to get inside the amphitheater. It makes for great memories now, but it definitely sucked when it happened.

5. Senior Year

2017

During Homecoming Week my senior year, we had a dress-up day dedicated to "Rock Stars or Rappers," so I decided to go "Rock Star." This pictured was actually featured in our yearbook.

6. Dad?

2017

Because of this costume, we have a running joke in my family (and my friends) about my dad being Captain America. One night, I got home late from work, and went into my parents' room to tell them I made it home. I walk in all quiet, careful not to wake the dogs, and when I get to my dad to tap him awake, he pulls the covers back and yells "I'm Captain America!" He got me so good, so I decided to send this photo in my senior group chat, and it went viral around our class. The only bad thing is, Dad loves the attention.

7. Masin and Ollie

2017

My nephew Masin is a lot to handle, but he can be really sweet, and I captured one of those precious moments with a dog we babysit named Ollie. We actually just received news that Ollie has cancer, and had to have surgery, taking his entire left jaw and cheek, so seeing this photo again makes me smile.

8. Bridges in Birmingham

2017

Abbey and I love to go to downtown Birmingham and explore, and this day we took my new camera, and shot some of the fun we had. This picture was taken by our good friend, Braxton, while we climbed over the side of a bridge to sit on the edge, but we ended up chickening out.

9. The House That Waffles Built

2017

This is one of my best friends, Steven, who actually came up with the title of this photo. We went to high school together, and although we would always text, we didn't meet until after a home basketball game in Waffle House. Now, we go to college together, and even write on the same Odyssey team.

10. Two Peas In A Pod

2017

When we had to turn in baby pictures for our senior yearbook, Abbey saw that I put mine in right before her, and snapped the cutest picture of the cutest besties around.

11. A Dye Mess

2017

Before prom, I decided I wanted to change my hair color, but didn't want to spend money at a salon, so I called Abbey over and made her do it for me. I probably should have checked to see if she had ever done this before, because it went downhill, fast.

12. A Bet's A Bet

2017

So, Steven decided to place a bet against me, and I don't even remember what it was, but that's not the point. The point is, this beautiful picture of him in a 5 Seconds of Summer shirt is his sisters, and it will be forever framed in my room to remember the greatest day of my life. That is all.

13. More Birthday Fun

2017

This is hands-down, my favorite picture of us two. It takes place like many of my other favorites, Braxton behind the camera, me turning a year older, and being downtown. Braxton was testing out the new Portrait Mode on his iPhone 7, and it captured two happy gals in our happy place.

14. Kaydee Official

2017

I pledged Kappa Delta my freshman year at Troy, and these are my amazing pledge class sisters the night of our initiation.

15. PCB Unplanned

2017

Troy is about two and a half hours from Panama City Beach in Florida, and my friends Mallory and Catherine actually agreed to make a quick trip only to eat dinner on the beach. None of us told our parents until we got there, in case they got mad, but they were pretty okay with it.

16. Bowl Bound In NOLA

2017

Troy made it to a bowl game in New Orleans, and we scored free tickets to go watch. Catherine's family has a beach house close, so we all we had to pay for was gas and food. Troy ended up beating the brakes off of North Texas, and broke records. It was my first time to Louisiana, and it was awesome.

17. Lou In The House

2017

Waffle House is the perfect place to start and mend relationships, trust me I know. Lauryn and I have a tradition that anytime we need to confide in each other, its best to do so over an endless cup of coffee and hashbrowns. This is just one of our many trips.

18. Backstage

2018

I'm a Theatre major, which is something so different than what I have ever done. This picture is of me during our Spring show, loving every minute of my job.

19. Greek Games Win

2018

This is me and my sister, Mattie, at the "Greek Games" during "Greek Week," which we won! Our hands were wrapped in tape for tug-of-war, so we had to throw what we know with it on. This picture just reminds me of all of the excitement during "Greek Week," and how competitive we are.

These photos are all so amazing, and I know I have more, but these are my highlights of my life so far. They mean to world to me, because it reminds me of when I'm happy, and it's nice to be able to go back and look at those times when I need it most.