18 Things Only Loners Understand

1. When people try to make plans with you, you often decline for the pure reason that being alone in your bed and hearing your own thoughts sounds way more appealing, but you will say something like, “I wish I could, but I really can't today."

2. People feel like you're gracing them with your presence when you make an appearance somewhere.

3. You don't ever have to worry about having to share your lunch.

4. When in a relationship, it's important to you that he or she understands that you value your alone time, and that being clingy is almost never okay.

5.You get excited about making dinner, and having your own creative freedom because you have no special dinner guests that you need to try and please.

6. You enjoy going on random adventures, exploring different buildings on campus and around campus just to see new things.

7. When you do decide to hang out with people, you prefer it in small settings because you actually get to talk to people, instead of going to the biggest fraternity on campus with everyone in Greek life present and 100 sweaty people are standing around a table of Burnett's.

8. Thinking about your future, what it holds and where you will be in three years is a constant concern, but you are so excited to just be there already.

9. The thought of traveling alone is exciting to you, and as much as you love being alone, you love meeting new and different people.

10. You have contemplated going to see that new sci-fi movie by yourself and occasionally on a Tuesday afternoon, when you know the theater will be empty, you do.

11. You get really happy when someone else cancels the evening plans and you didn't have to.

12. You excel at reading people and have insane intuitions about others.

13. You are absolutely hilarious, and people see that, which is why you have to tone it down sometimes so people don't get too attached and actually want to hang out.

14. You don't have time for B.S. or drama. Though it might seem exciting to hear about the latest gossip since your life consists of Netflix documentaries, it's not, and you are never in the middle of any nonsense among friends.

15. You enjoy trying new things, and are quite the adventurer. Hiking, skydiving, snorkeling and bungee jumping all sound awesome to you and you would much rather do these things than attend social gatherings.

16. Somehow, you have incredible communication skills. You articulate yourself better than most, and when you do decide to get out of your cave, you have no problem relating to people and making friends is a breeze.

17. When your friends have overstayed their welcome, you get antsy and just want them to leave.

18. And at the end of a long day of socializing, you realize you are your own best friend.