18 Things I Want To Do During My 18th Year

Some things I have wanted to do for a while but haven't been old enough to do, or things I have yet to do regardless of my age

67

I've never been one to make bucket list or goal lists and stick to them. Sometimes I will come across an activity and be like, "This is definitely a bucket list item," and never actually writing it down or remembering it. Since I (finally) turned 18 in April, I figured I would come up with 18 things I wanted to accomplish during this next year.

1. Stay up for a full 24 hours straight.

I know, I know. Who hasn't pulled an all nighter before they turn 18? Well this gal right here definitely hasn't. I have always wanted to, so this summer before I go to college for my freshman year, I definitely want to accomplish this.

2. Go and get a tattoo.

I have always wanted to get a tattoo, but in the state of Oklahoma you can't when you are under the age of 18, even if you have parent consent. Plus, my parents aren't fully in favor of me receiving tattoos, so there was no going to a bordering state to get one.

3. Get my unrestricted driver’s license.

This is not very glamorous, but I have yet to go and get my unrestricted driver's license. I could wait until it gets closer to my license expiring, but to be completely honest, my license picture is HORRENDOUS.

4. Complete my first year of college with at least a 3.5 GPA.

This one also isn't super glamorous, but I really want to achieve this. Throughout my entire high school career, it was easy to keep a 4.0 or higher GPA, but I know college is going to be a little harder. Striving for a 3.5 GPA is definitely possible, and I hope to achieve it.

5. Travel to (at least) one state.

I have been to several states, but most of them are just bordering states of Oklahoma. This year, I really want to go to one that is unexpected and a little farther away.

6. Take up a new hobby.

I have never really had any hobbies, per say. I play the piano a little bit, and I love to read. I'm thinking maybe if taking of photography because I have always been interested in it.

7. Attend a college football game.

This is a goal I most definitely can achieve since I am going to college in the fall. I have been to college basketball games but never a college football game.

8. Get another piercing.

I already have two piercings in each ear, but lately, I have been wanting to get another lobe piercing and my cartilage pierced.

9. Run a 5k.

For the last year or so, I have started running and discovered I quite liked it. After I get over my injury, I plan to start training for a 5k. I have always wanted to say that I have ran once of these, so this is the perfect goal.

10. Learn ASL.

I know that it's going to be nearly impossible to learn a language in a year when I will be taking tons of credit hours and working part time, but I want to try and learn as much as I can in one year. I love the language, and it will be very useful in my life.

11. Make mistakes, and then learn from them.

You're probably thinking, "What the heck? Why do you want to make mistakes?" I feel that in order to grow as a person, you have to endure hard times and make mistakes. I want to continue to grow and change into the best version of myself, so in order to do so, I will need to make mistakes and learn from them.

12. Discover new, favorite restaurants.

Since I am moving about two hours away from my home for college, I will definitely have to find new restaurants and fall in love with them. There are tons around where I live that I love, but they aren't chain restaurants. When I get to Norman, I want to discover some new, favorite spots.

13. Go to at least three concerts.

I already have tickets to both Khalid and Shawn Mendes for next month, but I want to still go to other concerts. I enjoy live music so much and like to treat myself sometimes.

14. Learn how to drive a manual vehicle.

Since my first car was an automatic, there wasn't any need to learn how to drive a manual. I think it will be beneficial to know in case I'm put in a situation where I have to know how to drive one.

15. Try sushi for the first time.

I'm not a fish person, but I just want to try sushi once in my life. Who knows, I may fall in love with it.

16. Learn how to play poker.

I love card games, and this is one I have no clue how to play whatsoever.

17. Spend more time playing the piano.

In the seventh grade, I started taking piano lessons, and I fell in love. After freshman year though, I gave it up because I was so busy with school. Hopefully, this next year I can really focus some time on playing it.

18. Save up enough money to travel abroad comfortably.

The summer after my freshman year of college, I plan to study abroad for a couple of weeks, and I want this experience to be fun. In order to do this, I need to save up enough to where I don't have to worry about money while on my trip.

Over the next months, I hope to accomplish all of these activities. Coming up with 18 tasks I haven't done was a little challenging, but I am beyond excited to try new things.