18 Signs You Were A Choir Nerd In High School

Once a choir member, always a choir member.

2983
Youtube

One of my favorite classes in high school was choir. I loved singing with a big group of talented people, some of whom I’d consider to be my best friends. But there was a definite split between those who were in choir "just because," and those who were in choir because choir was life. If you’re a choir nerd, then trust me, you know it. But just in case you’re unsure, here are a few signs that you have a slight obsession.

1. You harmonize with the car radio.

Or at least you try to.

2. You never forget to bring a pencil.

There is nothing more vital than bringing a pencil to rehearsals. This applies to life, too.

3. You read Tweets about choir problems in your spare time.

They’re just so relatable!

4. You have a weird taste in music.

Your playlists consist of today’s hits and 19th century operettas.

5. You blamed all of the choir’s mistakes on other sections.

“Tenors screw everything up!”

“Ugh, there go the sopranos again!”

“Come on basses, you just worked on that!”

“ALTOS! Get it together sweeties, we have a show next Saturday.”

6. But only because your section had to be the best.

You thought everyone in your section sounded and looked more fierce than the others.

7. You have a favorite composer.

And it’s probably Eric Whitacre.

8. You freak out when you hear a song you performed years ago.

You still remember all of the notes and lyrics.

9. You get goosebumps when you listen to dissonant notes.

There’s something about those clashes.

10. You have this one song that you hate with a passion.

It was difficult to learn, nobody got it right and the choir sounded like trash. But you sing along anyway when you hear it.

11. You and your director were tight.

When you spend countless hours together making music, you become really close.

12. You hated sectionals.

One person tried to lead while everyone else was on their phone, so did you really get anything done?

13. You had, or still have, a pitch pipe.

Or at least have an app on your phone. But if you have the real deal, good for you.

14. You had sing-alongs when you were with your other choir friends.

If worked out if you had a soprano, alto, tenor, and bass, because HARMONIES!

15. You watch videos of old concerts.

It makes you feel nostalgic, but in a good way. Except you cringe whenever you hear mistakes.

16. You still remember the warm-ups.

“Many mumbling mice are making midnight music in the moonlight, mighty nice.”

17. You got upset when people took choir just for the art credit.

Do they even care?!?!

18. You felt like a part of a family when you were with the choir.

Choir wasn't just a class. It was an escape from your stressful life. Whether you're still in choir or not, standing next to your fellow members will always feel like a second home.