I have never been a winter person. I don't like snow, sweaters, or being cold. There are literally only a couple of things I like about the winter time (like Christmas) but I could be anywhere in the world and celebrate Christmas... why do I have to celebrate it while being cold???
Since winter is coming, here are just some of the "few" reasons why a winter hater (aka me) HATES winter:
1. You have to be extra careful driving
I already hate driving when it's warm, sunny, and not a cloud in the sky... but add slush, snow, and gloomy skies to the mix and I don't ever want to get in my car... ever.
2. You lose all of your gloves, scarves, and head warmers
What happened to my glove? Let me just retrace all of my steps today to go back and try to find the little straggler that fell out of my pocket probably 5 hours ago.
3. Your nose is always running
Say goodbye to looking cute for your crush across the classroom... all he'll be listening to is your sniffles and seeing drips of mucus coming out of your nostrils
4. You lose all feeling of your nose and ears because of how cold it is
I wish I remembered what it was like to have a nose or ears during the winter, but they're too busy being numb from the below freezing temperatures outside.
5. Your gas/electric bill is way more expensive
I'm in college. I'm poor. Why winter... why????
6. Let's take a stroll in the park....
Lol jk can't even leave the house or you'll turn into an icicle
7. You burn up in all of the buildings from the 15 layers you have on, then when you go outside you are even more cold because you were sweating from burning inside the building
It's a vicious cycle
8. You are always wet..
From snow, from sweat, from rain, from sleet, from your tears....
9. Your skin is always dry
Excuse me while I shed like a freaking snake and itch until I bleed for the next 4 months.
10. Where's the sun?
Miss you baby... come back to me soon.
11. You have so much more laundry
FROM WEARING 15 LAYERS A DAY YOUR LAUNDRY HAMPER GOES FROM 0 to 100 REAL QUICK
12. You have to put on so many layers just to take out the garbage
I just want to get rid of my trash in my shorts and flip flops... but nooo, winter just doesn't allow it
13. You can't just get in your car and leave... you have to defrost and scrape and shovel
Which means getting up 15 minutes earlier. Ugh.
14. Getting out of the shower is almost worse than getting out of bed in the morning
It's just so warm and steamy, then your naked body turns in to a snowman as soon as you step out of the shower
15. The damn static in your hair and on your clothes... there aren't enough dryer sheets in the world to solve that problem
Thanks Downy for trying so hard
16. It's falling season...
Walking is more difficult than ever because of the icy ground.. this is not good for us clumsy people
17. You can't run outside without coming back with frost bite
Do I really have to spend the next 4 months on the treadmill?
18. Everyone is always sick
And for us hypochondriac's that is not something you want to mess with.
I've tried to like you winter, but we just don't get along. Maybe one day I'll understand the loveliness of your snow and your nasty bitterness, but for now I'm just going to sit and mope until the end of March.