18 Must Try Restaurants In Columbus, Ohio

This city has plenty to offer from hundreds of shops and boutiques, to concerts and street festivals, sight seeing, and of course, food.

6217

With being the capital and largest city in the state of Ohio, along with the 15th largest city in the United States, it's no secret that Columbus is notorious for having such a wide range of entertainment. This city has plenty to offer from hundreds of shops and boutiques, to concerts and street festivals, sight seeing and of course, food. If you are ever at a loss while deciding on where to eat, these 18 restaurants surely will not disappoint.

1. Marcella's Ristorante

Only open for dinner hours, come in and be served some of the best Italian food and assortment of fine wine.

2. Northstar Cafe

With a different menu for each meal of the day, this establishment has a wide variety of different dishes that are guaranteed to satisfy your hunger in a healthy way as they focus on using primarily organic ingredients.

3. Mikey's Late Night Slice

Patio seating, live music and delicious pizza served until 3 a.m. What more could you need?

4. Jack and Benny's

The idea of "comfort food" is emphasized at this small family-owned restaurant being notorious for their large breakfast menu and well-favored by many students from Ohio State. The inside is designed like an old-fashioned diner with 1950's styled booths, a long bar and walls covered with historic photographs of American pop culture and Ohio State athletics.

5. Haiku Poetic Food and Art

With seating outdoors and inside, order from a large selection of sushi and other Japanese dishes. Along with incredible food, be sure to check out their drink menu and specials!

6. The Thurman Cafe

Home of the messiest, most over-sized burgers loaded with cheese and overflowing with toppings. Located in German Village, this family-owned restaurant has a menu full of delicious appetizers and entrees along with a full bar that has been serving people since 1942.

7. Lindey's

A long-time favorite of locals, this urban and chic restaurant is designed to make you instantly feel at home with a variety of menus for brunch, lunch, dinner, desserts, cocktails and other drinks.

8. Barcelona

Located in German Village, this authentic restaurant changes its menu on a regular basis to reflect the freshness and new recipe ideas from the kitchen.

9. Katalina's

Described as, "the little cafe with lots of local goodness," this small establishment serves up some of the tastiest and unique dishes you could imagine.

10. Schmidt's Sausage Haus & Restaurant

A long-time iconic German restaurant and eatery that holds history in its atmosphere as well as live oompah music.

11. Cap City Fine Diner and Bar

Modeled after a classic diner with a retro spin on things, this Cameron Mitchell restaurant will serve you some of the best classic home-cooked meals with an extra twist to them, giving the term "diner" a whole new meaning.

12. Nancy's Home Cooking

Serving up delicious home-cooked breakfast and lunch, this family-owned restaurant will make you feel like family, as well as they welcome you personally and with overwhelming hospitality.

13. Ray Ray's Hog Pit

While this is not exactly a "sit down and eat" establishment, this food truck will serve you the best barbecue in Columbus. Using the freshest meat, smoking techniques and homemade dipping sauces, the menu offers a variety of pork, beef and chicken dishes. "Columbus Dispatch" describes Ray Ray's as, "A delicacy of the barbecue world."

14. The Cornerstone Deli Cafe

Well-known and favored by residents of the infamous Clintonville, this cafe and deli located on the corner of East Longview Avenue and North High Street offers a wide range of variety from a make your salad selection, to bagels and fresh sushi!

15. Tip Top

This friendly neighborhood bar serves delicious comfort food, a wide range of alcoholic beverages and mixed drinks and mouthwatering local desserts. Located in the heart of downtown, Tip Top makes it a priority to welcome and serve each customer with a smile along with some Columbus pride.

16. Natalie's Coal-Fired Pizza

A place where pizza for breakfast is encouraged! Baked in unique high temperatures in a coal-fired oven, Natalie's offers a wide variety of pizzas and other dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Guest entertainment is a priority as the restaurant hosts bands and live music along with full bar service.

17. North Market

"35 distinct personalities, one incredible place."

With more than 30 merchants vending a variety of fresh and local food, the market offers a plethora of organic produce, meat, seafood and more. The North Market gives you the opportunity to expand your palette as it provides a plethora of international selection of freshly prepared authentic ethnic dishes.

18. Yannis Greek Grill & Take Out

This small establishment will serve you some of the best Greek food at an affordable price. The menu offers a variety of classic Greek dishes such as gyros, Greek salad, baklava and more!