Things To Do Without Spending A Lot

18 Fun Things To Do During Your Summer 2018 Without Hurting Your Bank Account

The possibilities are actually endless when you think about it!

302

Happy Summer 2018! The seasons have changed, and it is officially summer! Are you excited? I am!

Although it's summer and you want to stay young forever, you have to work. I know, working sucks, but making money is always so much fun and rewarding.

Of course, you must save as much as possible, but like I said, you are still young. Enjoy these summers while you can before you get a big boy or big girl job in the real world. Guess what? It's your lucky day because I have gathered up some ideas and ways to have fun, without spending TOO much of your summer dough from work.

1. Go to a local lake or beach.

c1.staticflickr.com

Most lakes and beaches are free so it doesn't burn a hole in your wallet. Lay out and relax while listening to the waves and catching some sun rays. But don't forget sunscreen!

2. Take a drive somewhere with your music blasting and your windows down.

www.pexels.com

It doesn't have to be a long drive. When the sun is out and it's warm, roll your windows down and sing along to your playlist. No cost at all... although you may or may not need gas after it's over.

3. Pick some strawberries.

www.pexels.com

It is the season for strawberry picking! This doesn't cost much; some places don't even charge you for it. Spend some time outdoors and enjoy!

4. Lay down and watch the stars.

www.pexels.com

Since the weather is nicer in the summer, it costs absolutely nothing to go outside at night and look at the stars. Do it by yourself, or go with some friends or your significant other.

5. Go see the fireworks on July 4th.

c1.staticflickr.com

Never ever miss those! Such a tradition, so much fun, and it's free!

6. Go to your National Night Out in your community.

www.pexels.com

Usually in the beginning of August, National Night Out is a event that takes place at a park or recreation center. There are rides, food, and maybe some fireworks! It's free admission, but it only costs a little for tickets and food. It's such a great time in the summer!

7. Do some summer homework and find a free music festival near you.

Let your inner spirit find its way to a free festival or concert! There are tons everywhere, so you better look and do your research.

8. Go to the boardwalk!

c1.staticflickr.com

A summer time tradition! The boardwalk has endless options for food, games, rides, and more! It can be a little pricey, but it depends on what you choose to do.

9. Wash your car.

www.pexels.com

Free! Wash your car with a hose and some soap. You don't have to go to a car wash and spend about $20 to get everything cleaned. Do it yourself in the sweet heat for absolutely nothing.

10. Go on a picnic at your local park.

www.pexels.com

Grab a basket and fill it up with some favorite foods from your house. Lay a blanket down and get comfortable. Have some fun and catching up time with your friends, family, or significant other. Enjoy the outdoors!

11. Make some boozy popsicles.

www.pexels.com

For individuals 21 years old or older. Grab some booze from your liquor cabinet and make a slush to freeze into popsicles for later! A nice summer treat. This DIY costs almost nothing unless you have to buy booze.

12. Buy some homemade ice cream from an ice cream parlor.

www.pexels.com

Homemade ice cream tastes better, and it gives you more of a feeling for that summer vibe. Ice cream is amazing, especially in the summer!

13. Go to a water park or an amusement park.

www.pexels.com

Both of these are amazing. Although it can cost you a little bit, you can always make that money back at work the next day. Ride some rides and slide the slides!

14. Go wine tasting.

www.pexels.com

For individuals 21 years old or older! Wine tasting is a great summer activity. Some places charge, and some places don't, believe it or not.

15. Decorate your front/backyard.

www.pexels.com

Personally, decorating is so much fun, and it serves as an aesthetic to me. Gardening is especially great. If you're bored one day and want something fun to do, go outside and get a little dirty! Plant some flowers!

16. Go to the zoo.

www.pexels.com

Going to the zoo is fun, and it's more family-oriented. I love looking at the animals. It's very hard to get them outside during the winter, so the summer is a great time to see all the animals. The zoo, at least down by me, costs nothing!

17. Play some mini golf.

c1.staticflickr.com

Golf games are cheap and last a long time, especially if you're with a group of friends. Mini golf is only open during the summer, so it is obviously an appropriate option for the season.

18. Watch a sunset or a sunrise.

www.pexels.com

Life is so beautiful, so while the weather is nice, go out and watch a sunset, since they are so late. Or you can wake up early and watch the sunrise! FREE!

Have a great rest of your summer!