18 Foods And Drinks From Our Childhood That Need To Make A Comeback

Be ready for your memories to spark and your mouth to water.

322
Babble

Do you ever go to the grocery or candy store and see something that reminds you of when you were a child? I know I sure do. Usually, my memory is followed with, "I bet I can find it on Amazon" and a lot of searching the internet. However, 90 percent of the time all of my scouring ends in disappointment when I find out that they are discontinued. After hefty amounts of sadness about it had hit me, I decided to make this list so that you all can reminisce with me. (And maybe someone important will see it and bring back our well-deserved childhood snacks.)

Here are 18 snacks that need to be brought back:

1. Sour Altoids

These little candies were made by the same company (Wrigley) that dispenses the popular mints in the tin can. They were sour and then sweet, ranging in flavors such as mango, lime, raspberry, tangerine, and apple. I don't know about you, but my favorite by far was tangerine. You can't get these babies anywhere anymore!

2. Dunkaroos

Just thinking about these makes my mouth water. Similar to the Oreo sticks with frosting on the side, Dunkaroos were a pack of cookies with sprinkled frosting on the side. I remember always eating the cookies first so that I could just lick the icing straight out of the package— talk about a sugar rush. These treats are available on Amazon but they're a bit pricey and imported from Canada, so I'm not sure if they would be available to everyone without being quite expensive.

3. Flintstones Push Up Ice Cream

This used to be my favorite ice cream. It was somewhere between a sherbet and ice cream, which went perfect together. To get the orange, lime, or grape ice cream out you would push the stick up until there was no more. Today, you can still buy similar products, but there's no fun in it if it's not Flintstones like we remember!

4. Oreo O's

One of the greatest cereals of all time, Oreo O's were little "o" shaped cereal bits with white sprinkles on them. It really was like eating a bowl filled with the most popular cookie. This item is actually in stores once again! I put it in here as a PSA that these are officially back! I don't know if this is a temporary thing or a forever thing, but Post has decided to bring them back. I know my local Wal-Mart sells them, and you can also get them online. Stock up before they're gone again, I know I'm going to!

5. Butterfinger BB's

This snack was as if you took M&M's and Butterfinger and combined them. They were bite-sized pieces of Butterfinger, making it easier to eat....the entire pack. Is anyone else in the mood for chocolate now?

6. Gatorgum

As soon as I thought about this one for a while, I was remembering how great it was. This stuff was the absolute best, at least for a Gatorade lover like me! It was chewing gum flavored to taste like orange or lemon-lime Gatorade. Did it really quench thirst or just create a bunch of saliva while you shoved a bunch of chunks in your mouth? We will never know.

7. Orbitz

I for one wasn't a lover of this drink, but some might have been. This crazy concoction sat in a lava lamp night light-ish bottle. It was clear fruit juice with small colored balls floating throughout it. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to chew my drink. However, many people mourn the loss of this drink and demand it be on shelves again!

8. 3D Doritos

I miss these so much. Doritos are one of America's most popular snack food. 3D Doritos were delicious (and, in my opinion, way better than original) Doritos on steroids! You would go to have a few of these and, in turn, need a new bag because you ran out. Please tell me I'm not the only one that loved these!

9. Snapple Pie

If you're a real one, you've definitely tried this drink before. Back when Snapple was adventurous, they released two different flavors of Snapple Pie. These flavors were apple pie and berry pie. The drinks are not available anywhere today... unless you trust a third party seller.

10. Jell-O Pudding Pops

I don't know about you but I can easily say that, as a kid, I would eat three of these at a time. These popsicles tasted exactly like frozen fudge. I don't even like Jell-O but somehow, if you place it in the freezer, I was all ears. You can't get this ice cream anywhere anymore but there are recipes for duplicates online.

11. Chicken McBites

Okay, now I'm hungry. These packs of chicken were so delicious. They weren't exactly from early childhood, but I had to put them on this list. McDonald's came out with Chicken McBites and they were a big hit. They were bites of popcorn chicken but with actual chicken, which is a surprise for McDonald's. They came in three different sizes, and I would like to speak (cry my eyes out) to a manager (or corporate owner) calmly (angrily) about how these should (NEED) to be brought back quickly.

12. Sweet Chili Sauce

McDonald's, you're killing me here. First, you take away my popcorn chicken. Now, you take away the sauce I used with it? This sauce had a purple lid and was an orange color with pepper flakes in it. It was sweet but had an underlying spice to it. I don't know why it was so good but, trust me, it was. I know everyone will agree with me when I say this sauce needs to come back right away. Quite honestly, I'd probably eat McDonald's way more often if I had my favorite dipping sauce.

13. Taco Bell Lunchables

You were the coolest kid in school if you had this in your lunch box. Bonus points if you had those awesome character lunch boxes with the best snacks to follow. These Lunchables were like having Taco Bell right in your pocket. You could build your own taco and even add sauce. What more could you want?

14. Bubble Jugs

These resemble the jugs that you buy bubbles in to fill a machine with. Hubba Bubba made them, so you know they were good. They came in a few different flavors, and it was a powder that would turn to gum. How cool is that?

15. Watermelon Laffy Taffy

No, I don't mean the classic watermelon flavor. Every time I talk about this, no one seems to remember what I mean. Props to you if you're one of those people that obsessed over this candy like I did! It was a big pink Laffy Taffy flavored to taste like watermelon, but there were black candy "seeds" throughout the whole thing. There was a cherry one similar to it!

16. Heinz E-Z Squirt

Maybe, to some people, the idea of colored ketchup wasn't amusing. To me, it was awesome. I am an adult and I can safely say that if these were still on the shelf I would have a few different colors. The colors didn't mean any different flavors, but the idea of drawing a masterpiece on your fries with ketchup is awesome!

17. Snapple Elements

These drinks were named after different elements and the flavors that went along with them were supposed to be what that element would taste like. For example, Rain was agave cactus, Fire was dragon fruit, etc. There are actually several petitions to bring these babies back. Are YOU going to sign?

18. Snapple Mint Tea

Snapple, what is the issue with the flavors? Clearly, something is going down in corporate that we don't know about *sips tea*. I never did try this flavor but, apparently, it was popular and honestly sounds cooling and delicious. There's probably petitions out there for this one too.

These are the top snacks and drinks that most certainly need to make a comeback. I say we put them all on a change.org petition! I could sure use a Snapple Element and a Taco Bell Lunchable right about now...