17 Types Of Frat Guys You'll Meet In College, 100 Percent

These are the types of frat guys you will meet throughout your college experience.

15517
YouTube

Whether you go to their opens or are in Greek Life, somehow you will come in contact with frat guys.

No matter the frat, there are definitely certain personas that describe a guy in every frat. In fact, when going through this list a few brothers may come to mind immediately. So, here are the 17 that you'll meet.

1. The Adonis

He is the most attractive in the fraternity, and he tends to become president. He's the one that all the girls have a crush on, and who is the poster child for the fraternity. He takes his shirt off at every opportunity, but I don't really think anyone is complaining.

2. The Boy Next Door

You probably knew he would join a frat. He probably played football in high school and went to college to pursue something like business. He's a nice guy, too, so he's probably the one you can have real conversations with. This is another one that all the girls are probably crushing on because he's probably got blonde hair and gorgeous eyes.

3. The Smart One

This is the one who brings up the entire chapter's GPA with his 4.0. It's not even a surprise he's in a frat, it's more surprising that he has this GPA. Also, they probably have a tough major, so props to them. Normally they are still very attractive and look like they belong in the frat, too, so this one is probably husband material.

4. The Best Friend

He's the guy you are closest to in the fraternity. You probably work out with him or play video games with him. Overall, you guys just hang out and talk to each other. He will be the person who tells you all the juicy gossip of his chapter, and who you will vent to about your sorority (if you're in one). Bonus points when they are gay because you will also bond over boys and give each other props for snagging a cutie.

5. The Douche With A Golden Heart

This is the guy who comes off as a douche, mainly because he has no filter, but he's actually a really sweet guy. He is the one who when you first meet him you automatically think he is one to avoid, but as you get to know him he becomes someone you enjoy hanging out with. Eventually you learn more about his story and realize maybe he has a reason for his actions, or maybe he really just doesn't have a filter.

6. The One to Avoid

This is the one who is a weird combination of creepy and annoying. They are the person who isn't necessarily the one to slide into your dm's (but like they might), but when they're around you just kind of get chills down your spine. He will be the one who just is constantly around, no matter where you go. Overall just try to avoid at all costs.

7. The Fuckboy

We all know this guy. The one who slides into your dm's, or asks you to "send nudes". He's probably relatively attractive, but you should know better than to go after him. Especially if you want something serious. You may slip up though and wind up in his bed, and if you do, remember it's a stride of pride, not a walk of shame.

8. The Boy Who Didn't Peak In High School

This is the one that was kind of nerdy and awkward in high school, so in college he decided to join a frat. He's still a bit nerdy and awkward even now that he's in a frat, but he's honestly one of your favorite brothers. He is easy to talk to and just a really friendly guy, so maybe the frat did help him gain some confidence to talk to people.

9. The Big Brother

This is the brother who acts like your older brother, aka he's protective of you. He's the one who will screen any guy you say your interested in to make sure he won't hurt you. He's also the only brother who is able to be mean to you because his hate comes from love. Also, he's the one you are happy to see when you have a bad day because he gives the best hugs.

10. The Hawaiian Shirt One

In reality, sometimes this is the entire fraternity, but like there's always one who wears a Hawaiian shirt almost every day. This guy is always ready for the beach and brings the sunshine to campus. Usually they are the happy go-lucky guy that just makes you laugh about stupid stuff. He's honestly just a ray of sunshine.

11. The One Who Tries Too Hard

The guy who tries to embody frat boy, you know, trying to be cool. He will use the slang and lingo he thinks will make him fit in, when really it sounds awkward. He will probably invest in Sperrys, Chubbies, and Vineyard Vines polo. At least he will probably look good even if he spent a lot to do so. All I want to tell him is honestly be yourself because you're pretty cool.

12. The Letter Earner

So this is the boy who is out to earn letters. This means he needs to sleep with as many people in an organization as there is letters (so usually three). Depending on the organization this means he could actually get a pair of letters from someone he slept with, but if nothing else he will use it as bragging rights.

13. The Real Douchebag

This is the one brother that just is a real douchebag. He's the one that causes issue for the fraternity and other organizations because of his own personal vendettas. Sometimes he's even mean to his own brothers. He's just a hard person to like as a whole, but he got into a frat you like so maybe there is a redeeming quality somewhere.

14. The Chill One

He's just cool and calm almost always. They avoid drama and go with the flow. They're still known throughout the fraternity and are popular among brothers, but they are the kind of guy you can crack open a cold one with.

15. The Shot for Shot One

This is the one you need to defeat if you want to prove you have a high tolerance and gain respect from the brothers. He is the brother that drinks the most in the fraternity and barely dies. He is the definition of a tank. He will also probably try to tell you that this isn't a good idea, or encourage you because he wants to see you die. All-in-all he will probably your favorite person at mixers.

16. The Dad

He who takes care of everyone. He will make sure everyone gets home safe and will have a bucket ready if you need to throw up. He will also probably be the one to make sure you get to sleep it off, and he will make sure his brothers don't make bad decisions during the night. If you need to walk home and can't find a sister near by, he would be the one to volunteer to walk you back to your apartment. Overall, he is one of the best guys out there. Bonus points if he actually has a dad bod.

17. The M.I.A Brother

The brother you hear about, but never see. In fact, half the time brothers barely know him. It's just a big question of what does he look like, and where is he? Maybe you will never know.