17 Little Things With Big Meaning

17 Little Things Of BIG Value When You're A College Student Home On Summer Break

After moving away, you now understand the value of these simple things and vow to never take them for granted again.

75
college students summer break
Kelsey Dietrich

Moving home for the summer after spending nine months living at school definitely has its pros and cons. It can take some time to get accustomed to living under the same roof as your family members (how did you ever do this before?!) and even more time for you to set, and then follow, a decent summer schedule.

Yet, very quickly, you begin to realize all of the things that you took for granted that are located back home. A deeper sense of appreciation for some of the simplest things in life establishes itself as you experience these events over again and realize just how much you missed them. Oftentimes, what initially seems like a small thing actually holds the greatest memory and value.

The following are 17 examples of those little things that have large value when you're a college student home for the summer.

1. Meeting up with all of your hometown friends on a regular basis

You have to update everyone on everything in full detail.

3. Impromptu drives around town

2. Cuddling with your pet(s)

They probably missed you more than you missed them.

4. Drinking coffee at your favorite local coffee shop

5. Returning to your part-time summer job

Some things just never change.

6. Running into someone that you have not seen in months

Hopefully this is more exciting than awkward, but ya never can really predict how these encounters will go.

7. Sleeping in on your days off in your childhood bedroom

Not only is it wonderful to sleep in, but it is also a great feeling to be back in the personal space that is yours.

8. Shopping at the local grocery store

This is probably where you will have the exciting/awkward run-in with your fourth grade teacher or your mother's cousin.

9. Purchasing the local products only available at the town's grocery store

The generic Wal-Mart brands just won't cut it after awhile

10. Spending more time with your family

11. Eating a home-cooked meal at your parents' house

Good food. Good company.

12. Shopping at all your favorite stores

13. Going back to your gym

14. Playing tourist in your city

When you lived here full-time, these attractions seemed boring but now you've finally realized how unique they truly are.

15. Walking into your friends' houses unexpected

You can't do this when you are miles and miles away at school.

16. Showing off your hometown to your "school friends"

Hosting friends from school in the town you grew up in is always fun because they will finally be able to experience so many things that you have described back at school firsthand.

17. Hugging your friends

So simple, yet so meaningful.