17 Things I Learned in 2017

17 Things I Learned in 2017

People change, and you aren't always right.

466
17 Things I Learned in 2017
Pardot

1. Don't get too comfortable.

Move out of your comfort zone every once in a while to keep things fresh! Getting too comfortable is an easy way to lose you're creative spark and miss out on some great opportunities.

2. Meet new people.

Whether it's a celebrity you like or just a new friend you want to make, don't hesitate to say hello to someone!

3. Home is where you are.

No matter where you go, if you can find a way to embrace where you are, you'll be alright.

4. Don't procrastinate.

Your future-self will thank you for the lack of responsibilities.

5. Go to as many concerts as you can.

Concerts are a great way of breaking off from reality and spending a few hours forgetting about your problems with a hundred other people. Don't be afraid to treat yourself to this more than every once in a while.

6. Create more.

Whether you like art, film, or cooking, create more of what you love.

7. Discover new music.

It's so easy to get caught up in listening to the same handful of artists over and over again; mix it up every once in a while! You never know what you might discover.

8. People will change, but that's okay, because so will you.

No one stays the same person over the course of a year, and no one should. We're constantly growing and learning more about ourselves.

9. Take things one day at a time.

It's so easy to get caught up in a million things that need to be done; take things bit-by-bit and it'll all work out in the end.

10. College is hard.

If your courses seem hard, it's because they should be. Don't be scared to take on a challenge in your education, rather than wishing everything would be easy.

11. No one thinks the same way you do.

When it comes to morals, politics, and beliefs, no one will agree with you on every little thing. Take the time to educate yourself and discuss beliefs with others, rather than writing people off because they aren't exactly like you.

12. It's easy to meet people with the same interests.

Transitioning to college was difficult, especially because I didn't think I'd find anyone who shared the same interests as me. Toward the end of the term I found that I had surrounded myself with people who liked the same things as me, without even realizing it.

13. If you think positively, that's what you'll attract.

It's so much easier to notice the negativity around us and assume that's all that's there, when that's all we ever think about. Turn that around and think positively, and it'll shock you how much good in the world you'll notice.

14. Visit new places.

Don't be afraid to go out of your comfort zone and explore what the world has to offer.

15. People move on.

Guess what? A lot of your friends from high school won't be your friends by the end of your first term of college, and that's ok! Those who have your back will stick around no matter what.

16. Stop pretending you don't still like some of the music you listened to in middle school.

We all still listen to "Shake It" by Metro Station, you're not alone.

17. We're all works in progress.

It's okay to have bumps in the road, fail a test, or change an opinion you once had. We're learning more and more about ourselves every day, growth is good.