17 terrible yet popular songs

17 Songs That I Want To Hate, But Just Can't

They're just too gosh darn catchy!!!

131
unsplash

I love music. I love the way music can make you feel, and how it connects so many people together. Music is inspiring and powerful. So why do the worst songs always become the catchiest?!

Well, here's the list. The list of all the songs I wannnnnt to hate, but just can't dammit.

1. "Shake It Off" by Taylor Swift

This is the catchiest bop of all time. No idea why, but it has me screaming "Shake it off" all day long. *shrug*

2. "Gangnam Style" by Psy

I literally don't even know what this song even means. Have you actually ever watched the video? Wild. But you bet I dance to it every time it comes on...

3. "Fireflies" by Owl City

Okay, I actually love this song, and I deadass know every word. Who even are you if you don't scream "YOu WoULD nOT BElieVE YOur EYES, iF TEN mILLion fIREflieS"

4. "Don't Trust Me" by 3OH!3

This song really taught me to never trust a hoe, never trust a hoe...don't trust me.

5. "Crank That (Soulja Boy)" by Soulja Boy

Introducing your FAVE MIDDLE SCHOOL DANCE SONG! *screams "soulja boy tell 'em"*

6. "That's Not My Name" by The Ting Tings

I don't even know what to say about this song...but I know all of the names they called her???

7. "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers

Does anyone actually remember learning this song? Were we all born with it programmed into our heads?

"COMIN' OUT OF MY CAGE, AND I'VE BEen doiNG JUsT fINE!!!!!!"

8. "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen

This is the weirdest song, with a ridicously catchy chorus.

9. "Happy" by Pharrell

I looooove Pharrell. I really do, but this song drives me INSANE. And yet, everytime it comes on the radio, I never turn the station??

10. "Barbie Girl" by Aqua

My entire childhood, I didn't think this was a real song. But it totally, totally, is.

11. "My Humps" by The Black Eyed Peas

The song title says it all.

12. "Wannabe" by Spice Girls

To be totally honest, it's catchy...but the lyrics are creepy.

13. literally anything by Cardi B

I want to not like Cardi B, I really do. But her song "Be Careful" is an actual bop. I'm almost ashamed but proud to say I know every.single.word.

14. "Psycho" by Post Malone

Along with Cardi B, I want to dislike Post Malone. And yet, I love him. Literally all of his songs are stupid catchy. Lyrically, some aren't great, but the beats are insaaane.

15. "All Mine" by Kanye West

You seriously can't understand half of the song until Kanye SCREAMS "I love yo titties, because they prove I can focus on two things at once!" Offensive? Probs. Catchy? Damn straight.

16. "#Selfie" by The ChainSmokers

You're lying if this song doesn't want to make you take a #selfie...

17. "Super Bass" by Nicki Minaj

I actually like Nicki, but the video for this is even weirder than the song...which I thought was impossible...boom badoom.

And there it is, seventeen popular, but terrible, songs. Make the playlist,and listen to them on repeat. They might not be the best songs, but you'll be singing them forever!