17 Realizations I Had in 2017

17 Realizations I Had in 2017

You make mistakes but then you learn from them. These are just some of the lessons I've learned.

388
17 Realizations I Had in 2017
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/11/24/636470909531120230-1735494074_il_fullxfull.595839811_m56a.jpg
  1. Not everyone is meant to stay in your life- people will come and go as they please, but only the real ones will put in enough effort to stay. And, you can not convince someone to stay no matter how much you think you can.
  2. Once it is in the past, let it go- it’s not worth keeping that one person or thing that is always on your mind on the weight of your shoulders.
  3. ALWAYS look for the good in EVERY situation- life is shitty sometimes to everyone, but that doesn’t mean that we should only focus in on the negative aspects of it.
  4. Don’t listen to or participate in gossip- it’s about to be 2018 soon, come on. Try not to indulge in useless drama, it's cheap.
  5. LAUGH and SMILE more- you will never get back the times that you are living right now.
  6. Do yourself a favor and work your ass off now- your future self will DEFINITELY thank you for it.
  7. Sometimes you will make a bad decision or two (it’s apart of life and everyone does it), but grow through what you go through.
  8. Surround yourself with people who are only going to lift you higher- if you have people in your life that only drag you down, it’s time to replace them. Some people are poison to your growth and no one needs that kind of negativity in their life.
  9. Make sure your family knows you love them to bits and pieces- call your mom, dad, and siblings everyday if you can.
  10. Stop all the complaining- it will get you absolutely nowhere in life. Someone, somewhere out there is begging to live a life like yours. ALWAYS remember to count your blessings.
  11. Stay humble and stay hungry- always strive to be ambitious because that is just one of the many things that will keep you going. Be your absolute best but remain modest while you do it, no one likes an unmannerly and egocentric person.
  12. Quit putting in effort for people who aren’t willing to do the same for you- someone once said, “know your worth, then add tax”. Tax people for the effort, time, and respect you put into your relationships with them.
  13. Speak up whenever something upsets you.
  14. Learn how to forgive- it’s tough to learn how to let go but once you do, you will feel more at peace with yourself.
  15. Your mental health is important- please take care of yourself before you attempt to take care of others. Putting yourself first is never ever selfish.
  16. You do not need a significant other to feel whole or complete- being single is a good thing, you need to find yourself before you commit to someone else.
  17. Live your life for yourself- you only get one chance, don't waste it by living for someone other than yourself.