17 Quotes Every Leader Should Read

17 Quotes Every Leader Should Read

What does being a leader even mean?

91
17 Quotes Every Leader Should Read

What does it mean to be a leader? What does a good leader look like? These are questions that people can give many different answers to, and honestly I don't think that we will ever put our pen to the page and write a definition that can satisfy what it is, but one can look at a leader and you just know.

If you're in a leadership position in school, at work, in your sports, or at your church you want to know how to be a good one. Here are 17 quotes on leadership that I have found that have helped me understand how to be a better leader in everything I do.

1."If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." - John Quincy Adams

2."The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set for themselves." -Ray Kroc

3."Where there is no vision, there is no hope." - George Washington Carver

4."Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it's amazing what they can accomplish." -Sam Walton

5."No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it." -Andrew Carnegie

6. "Without initiative, leaders are simply workers in leadership positions." -Bo Bennett

7."Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It's being able to take it as well as dish it out. That's the only way you're going to get respect from the players."-Larry Bird

8."A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd" -Max Lucado

9."You know what makes a good person good? When a good person does something bad they own up to it. They try to learn something from it and move on." -Ron Swanson (played by Nick Offerman)

10. Effective leadership is not about making speeches or being liked; leadership is defined by results not attributes."-Peter Drucker

11."Leaders must be close enough to relate to others, but far enough ahead to motivate them." -John C. Maxwell

12."The real leader has no need to lead - he is content to point the way." -Henry Miller

13."The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

14."Management is about arranging and telling. Leadership is about nurturing and enhancing." -Tom Peters

15. "I think one of the keys to leadership is recognizing that everybody has gifts and talents. A good leader will learn how to harness those gifts toward the same goal."-Ben Carson

16."I know of no single formula for success. But over the years I have observed that some attributes of leadership are universal and are often about finding ways of encouraging people to combine their efforts, their talents, their insights, their enthusiasm and their inspiration to work together." -Queen Elizabeth II

17.""I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager, people would laugh when they saw me coming, and would applaud as I walked away."-Michael Scott (played by Steve Carrell)

Looking at these quotes about leadership really inspire the leader in me to the fullest. Being a leader is about being a servant and encouraging and building up those around you. So if you're a leader be sure to find ways to lift up the ones you are leading.

Quote Source: brainyquote.com