17 K-Pop Dances That Will Leave Your Head Spinning

Can you say "synchronization"?

1239

When you hear “K-Pop,” the first word that should come to mind is not anything music related, per se; the thing you should think of is “innovation.” In every aspect of the K-Pop industry, companies and artists strive to be the very best, and the way they do so is by constantly staying on top of trends and attempting new and enticing ways of performing. One of the most noticeable ways this constant struggle for transformation can be seen in the choreography. Be it introducing new elements such as special props or tumbling, with every release comes even more creativity in K-Pop dances, and hence, has brought numerous choreographies that will leave your head spinning with their impeccable and innovative execution.

1. Fire by BTS

This 2016 hit by boy group BTS is not only going to top your next workout playlist, it's explosive choreography and intense footwork is sure to linger in your memory long after you view it.

2. Hobgoblin by CLC

With this comeback, not only did CLC bring a totally different style than their previous endeavors, they brought edgy and powerful dance moves bound to get your heart thumping.

3. Don't Wanna Cry by Seventeen

One look at this dance (choreographed by the group themselves!) will simultaneously pull on your heart strings with its emotional dynamics and storytelling, and undoubtedly impress you with the flawless synchronization of all thirteen members, which is a feat all its own.

4. Boombayah by Blackpink

Sensual yet aggressive moves reminiscent of the 90's come together effortlessly in this debut song, which is sure to impress with its unforgettable windmill move and captivating energy brought forth by the four members.

5. Cactus by A.C.E.

Having just debuted this year, A.C.E. are considered rookies in the K-Pop world. But by the intricate yet flawlessly executed dance that accompanies their debut song "Cactus," one would assume that these six men have been training their whole lives to perform this dance.

6. Will You Go Out With Me by DIA

Fun, cute, and entertaining can be used to describe this bubbly performance. With nine members, comes nine personalities that all shine through, making any performance of this song and its choreography eye-catching.

7. Monster by EXO

There's a reason why Exo is so popular, and "Monster"'s sinister choreography exemplifies why that is perfectly. Not only is the song so catchy, you only have to hear it once to remember it, but the dance is so unique and utilizes all nine members perfectly to create a jaw-dropping performance.

8. I Like That by Sistar

Sistar really brings it with this captivating and beautiful dance. The fabric props used serve to draw out a sophisticated yet sexual vibe that leaves you wanting more.

9. If You Do by Got7

Three words: footwork, footwork, and footwork. The masculine grace with which Got7 exudes with this footwork-heavy dance is so unique that it will leave you in awe.

10. Like Ooh Ahh by Twice

The nation’s girl group, Twice, is bound to grab your attention with both hands in their 2015 debut single, “Like Ooh Ahh.” Most notably, the dynamic dance break (shown partially above) will inevitably have you pumped up and amazed.

11. The 7th Sense by NCT U

The eerie choreo for “The 7th Sense” is smooth and captivating, pairing well with the unique sound of the song while also providing a flow of movement that’s intriguingly different.

12. Catch Me by WJSN

This choreo is practically the definition of sultry. Thirteen talented members is enough to keep anyone entertained, but this performance is a whole new level--one of the girls even does a flip!

13. Beautiful by Monsta X

Monsta X? I think you mean kings of dancing with jackets. This distinctive use of clothing as a dance prop combined with how beautifully (pun intended) it’s pulled of is a surefire way of inspiring you to keep on watching this wonderful choreo.

14. First Love by After School

Your eyes are not deceiving you, friends: those really are poles, and they really are dancing with them. It’s hard to describe the immense strength it takes to perform a pole dance, let alone the gracefulness that After School does it with. Plus, they performed this live! This dance is a prime example of the K-Pop industry taking things to a whole new level.

15. Limitless by NCT 127

The brother unit to the aforementioned NCT U, NCT 127 really brings it with cutting edge dances moves, and an edgy concept that immediately draws you in.

16. Me Gustas Tu by GFriend

GFriend are queens of making complicated dances look like a breeze, and with this dance, that’s especially true. Even a cutesy, girly concept can’t hide the artistry and synchronization the girls bring to the table in this fun but mesmerizing dance.

17. Whatta Man by IOI

Smooth, unique, and synchronized choreography will leave you on the edge of your seat with this reinvented version of Salt N Pepa’s “Whatta Man.” You’ll be even more impressed to know that one of the members created this fantastic choreography herself!

What are you waiting for? Get to searching up these amazingly innovative dances! The dance lover in you will thank you.