17 Things That Make It A Missouri Thing

17 Things That Make It A Missouri Thing

Missouri may seem like a boring state, but there's a lot to the Show Me State that makes it feel like home to many of us.

140
17 Things That Make It A Missouri Thing
www.playbuzz.com

Missouri, the good ole' "Show Me State" of the midwest. Home to the Gateway Arch and many unique individuals. All the residents of this state can probably agree on a list of things.

1. Calling it Missour-ah or Missouri depending on which area in the state you originated from.

2. It's Bread Co. not Panera. You will never be able to win an argument with someone from St. Louis when it comes to Bread Co. vs. Panera.

3. America fries everything, so Missouri fries pasta.

4. Imo's may be a bit over priced, but it's always worth it and "The Square Beyond Compare" is a slogan to live by.

5. Gooey butter cake is amazing.

6. People just assume being from Missouri makes you country.

7. Most people pronounce words in an unnecessary manner, but we do not have an accent. "warsh" "foarty" "Wal-mark"

8. Half the state says pop and the other calls it soda.

9. The weather is never makes any sense in this state. One day it's 80 degrees and sunny and then the next day it's snowing.

10. People go outside to watch storms, even during tornados.

11. Everyone in Missouri knows what the Arch looks like, yet we can't help, but take a snapchat/picture every time we see it. On top of that we always point out when we are able to see the Gateway Arch.

12. Getting overly hyped when a Nelly song comes on. "I'm from the Lou and I'm proud"-Nelly

13. Yes, Kansas City is in Missouri, not Kansas.

14. You're either a Cardinals fan or a Royals fan. They may share the same state, but they do not share the same fans.

15. Everyone has taken a family vacation to Silver Dollar City at least once.

16. The Lake of the Ozarks isn't a vacation, it's a typical weekend trip in the summer.

17. Driving back roads is something we do for fun. Bored? Go for a drive. Upset? Go for a drive. Angry? Go for a drive.