16 Young Adult Recent Book Releases To Add To Your Christmas List

The Holiday Season Is A Perfect Time For New Books

30
@audwrites

With the holidays coming up, it's the perfect time to ask for some books that you have been meaning to get to. And if you love young adult books as much as I do, you'll be more than happy with all the great recent book releases. If you need some inspiration, look no further!

1. The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon

This is the authors first book, and if you enjoyed her debut "Everything, Everything" you should definitely check this one out. If you are looking for diverse books, this is a great choice as well.

2. Tales From the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare

There's something about short story collections, that are just so perfect for this time of year. And if you want some new material in the Mortal Instruments Series, these short stories are perfect for you. Especially if you love some Simon.

3. Heartless by Marissa Meyer

She's done is again. The author of the Lunar Chronicles has come out with a new standalone retelling of "Alice in Wonderland." This one is following the Queen of Hearts.

4. The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid

For the science fiction lovers out there, this new SciFi story should be perfect for you. And it's a stand alone. It feels like we never get those in this genre.

5. This is Our Story by Ashley Elston

Two words: Murder, mystery. This is kind of like the Raven Cycle by Maggie Steifvater, if it was more of a murder mystery, thriller novel.

6. The Outsiders (50th Anniversary Edition) by S.E. Hinton

It was recently the 50th Anniversary for what is in my biased opinion, the greatest young adult book of all time. This beautiful 50th Anniversary edition was released, and I really think every fan needs it on their book shelf.

7. What Light by Jay Asher

Tis the season to read Christmas books. This is a contemporary romance set during winter, where the protagonists family runs a Christmas tree farm. Does it get more wintry than that?

8. All In Pieces by Suzanne Young

Something a little different from Suzanne Young, who prior to this only wrote dystopian novels. This is a contemporary about a girl who is sent to a temporary detention center.

9. Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

The sequel to Illuminae, this is another SciFi new release. What's so interesting about these books is that they aren't told in a traditional format. They are interspersed with interviews, pictures, IM's, and other type of unusual formats.

10. The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

The long awaited sequel to Dash and Lily's Book of Dares. This continues their story, in the usual holiday setting.

11. Blood For Blood by Ryan Graudin

This is the sequel to Wolf By Wolf. This duo-logy tells an alternate history story of World War II.

12. Still Life With Tornado by A.S. King

This is the newest magical realism story by A.S. King. It is about a girl called Sara who is experiencing a existential crisis, and beyond that it is best to go into this story blind.

13. The Amateurs by Sara Shepard

A new mystery by the author of the Pretty Little Liars series. This one feels a little bit more mature than her other works, but is sure to take the reader on a journey.

14. My Sister Rosa by Justine Larbalestier

This book was actually published a while ago, but was just recently published in the United States. It's a story about a boy who's younger sister is a sociopath. Need I say more?

15. Dead Girls Society by Michelle Krys

This is a new release and is about a girl with cystic fibrosis, who gets an invitation from a mysterious group called the Society. And is takes place in New Orleans which is always one of my buzz words.

16. Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst

This is a new young adult novel, and as a nice change, has a love story between two girls. I'm always searching for new LGBTQIA books, so if you're like me in that way, this is sure to be one to add to your to-read list.