How To Adult While In College

16 Times College students Claim They're #Adulting

Who said faking it til ya make it didn't work like a charm?

1598

We're all winging it.

Let's face it. While we are young, we look up to those who are in high school.

When we are freshmen in high school, we look up to the seniors. We think they've got it all together.

When we are seniors, we look up to college students. Because they definitely have got it all figured out.

When we make it to college, well, all the people in the "real world' know what they're doing.

Then we start to realize that we are about to hit the "real world," and let's be honest, WE DO NOT HAVE IT TOGETHER.

So we act like we do. And we call it "adulting."

Oh, and God forbid, we don't post it on social media!! Because everyone needs to know that we actually got our shiz together for once.

And we pull this off by using a hashtag, of course.

So here you have it, folks, here is how college students claim they are #adulting.

1. Going places by yourself.

You've asked everyone and their mother to get coffee with you today... And they all said no. Grab your big kid pants because looks like you're headed to the coffee shop by yourself today.

2. Grocery shopping with a list.

"Wow, I feel like a soccer mom who knows what she wants in life."

3. Buying a car.

OK I actually give credit for this one. We are all broke, yet we purchase our first expensive piece of property?? Makes sense.

4. Laundry.

Yeah, we are forced to do this because there is no one to pass it onto AKA mom.

5. Making our own doctor, dentist, etc. appointments.

You mean, I have to call them by myself???

6. Getting the car fixed.

You can only cover up that noise with loud music for so long…

7. Taking care of yourself when you’re sick.

However, we all know you called your mom asking what medicine to take.

8. Going to the DMV without your parents.

This is the absolute worst. From one college student #adulting to another, be sure you look up what documents you need before going. Don't waste your time and get turned down.

9. Interviewing for an internship, part-time job, and the first big kid job.

Oh, you got dressed up and acted professional? Got it. Sweet.

10. Budgeting.

WHY DON'T THEY TEACH US THIS IN SCHOOL?! This is probably the hardest part of adulting…

11. Being responsible.

You know, I showed up on time to class today… I'm really outdoing myself!

12. Scavenging for food to save money.

Combine budgeting and being responsible, and you've got meals made from whatever you find in the pantry because you're too poor.

13. Getting excited when you purchase a new appliance/ important household item.

Kitchen essentials are worth getting excited for, y'all.

14. Staying in sounds much better than going out.

I used to loooove to party, but now crawling into bed is so much more appealing. Call me an old lady.

15. Realizing the “treat yoself” fad cannot happen as much as it once did.

Believe me, limiting my TJ Maxx runs has been a real struggle. But my bank account is VERY proud of me.

16. Giving yourself pep talks.

Talking yourself out of the bad decisions, and being proud of yourself when you make good ones is a pretty big deal.