16 Thoughts You Have Coming Home For Thanksgiving Break

College has deprived you of so many things

81
pexels

Coming home from college for the first time for an entire week is, in a word, interesting. Whether this is your first time home, or first time home for longer than a weekend, any college freshman can relate. The entire week beforehand is spent anticipating coming home and seeing everyone. The hall the night before is bustling with commotion, last minute cleaning, packing, and bursting with energy. No one can contain their excitement. Leaving the dorms is an oddly bittersweet moment, you're a bit sad and know you just might miss your dorm room, but you will for sure miss your hall mates, especially your roommate. It is a wonderful week full discovering how thankful you are, both for your family, and your college family.

1. Omg my family I missed you so much!! (this also applies to any and all pets but sadly I have none)

You never realize how integral your family is in your life until you don't get to see them everyday.

2. Omg my friends!! I have so much to tell you!!!!!

The reunion moment probably looks just like this. Sure you've made a few new friends, but no one can ever understand you like your best friends.

3. Non-dining hall food yes!

That may also mean a lot of snacking if your parents aren’t home to feed you and you’re too lazy to make anything, but it doesn't matter. Food!

4. Your own bed! Your room! Privacy!

Sure your roommate is great and all, but nothing beats having a room to yourself.

5. Showering without shoes!

Also shaving without having to awkwardly place your leg against a wall. It really is the little things.

6. You car! You never thought you could miss driving this much.

You're probably as happy as this dog driving around again for the first time.

7. Free time. Enough said.

Dance parties in the house alone, spontaneous trips to a bowling alley at midnight... Whatever it may be, this week is full of procrastination and relaxation.

8. Your workout schedule is not a thing.

Sorry but you can’t just walk across campus to the gym whenever you want. The most physical activity you'll be doing is a Netflix marathon, and walking to and from the dinner table.

9. Organization isn't necessary because you'll be gone in a week (sorry not sorry if my room looks like a tornado hit)

What is the point of keeping things clean in the first place?

10. Home looks the same but feels different

No one can really explain the feeling, but we all feel it.

11. Your siblings quickly get on your nerves again. As well as your family

Please leave me alone.

12. You spend way too much money

Between hanging out with all your friends, black Friday, and everything in between, any money you may have had is now gone.

13. You start to miss your college friends who have become you new little family

Alright so maybe you aren't crying like SpongeBob, but their presence is definitely missed at times.

14. But you’re also super hyped about the Thanksgiving food so it evens out

If you haven't gained at least a few pounds of that freshman fifteen, it's about to happen this week.

15. Please nobody mention college.

You are on a break!

16. Overall, you’re thankful for the much needed break

You will continue dancing like this until you have to go back to college.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Enjoy it while it lasts, and I wish you all the best of luck on finals.