It can get kind of weird sometimes, but at the end of the day, if it works out, they make amazing friends. Here's to the guys and girls out there who continue to defy the rules, and to my own guy best friend.
1. People probably think you're dating.
2. A main part of your conversations with other people about your best friend probably includes them asking you if you're dating.
3. At parties, you try to set each other up with your friends. Most random people require approval.
4. And you are each other's best wingman/wingwoman.
5. It's an unspoken rule that you are their date if they can't find or think of one on their own.
6. You construct text conversations on their behalf.
7. Half of your conversations have to do with calling each other out on their crap. You two have identified that you can do so because you aren't dating.
8. You probably know a little too much about their ... personal lives.
9. It isn't weird to cuddle, especially when life gets hard.