Some days are just plain crappy for whatever reason - you slept through your first class, dropped your coffee on your lap or you just woke up in a bad mood. I've always been one to preach that music is the best medicine for practically anything, especially a shi**y day. So here I have compiled for you, a playlist of music I've discovered while traveling the coast from festival to festival. This is the playlist I turn up to make a shi**y day a little bit cooler; don't forget, I'm a music journalist so you have to trust me.
1. Drift [feat. Sleeper] - Lucian
If I had to pick a song to describe everything I'm feeling in four minutes, this would be the one. Don't worry, it'll leave you with a sense of wanderlust, and feeling like you're ready to take on the world.
2. Bring Back the Summer [feat. OLY] - Rain Man [Bohem Remix]
This song was my permanent jam this summer. There has never been a time that it hasn't taken me back to the best times of my life.
3. Capsize [feat. Emily Warren] - FRENSHIP
This was my favorite Spotify discovery in a long, long time.
4. Sad Machine - Porter Robinson
Ask anyone who's been to a concert and I guarantee that they'll tell you theres been a performance that's changed their life. This one is mine, I'll leave it at that.
5. My Friends + I [feat. ProbCause] - GRiZ
Listen to this song, think of your best friends and all the incredible, restless, stupid sh*t you've done. Try not to cheese too hard.
6. You're On [feat. Kyan] - Madeon
The happiest jam ever if you ask me.
7. Shake Me Down - Cage the Elephant
No matter how low I get, this song always has a way of bringing me back up.
8. Clearest Blue - CHVRCHES [Gryffin Remix]
A perfect mix of one of my favorite bands and DJs. Yaaaaas.
9. Here For You [feat. Ella Henderson] - Kygo
This magical mix has a way of leaving you feeling a little relieved + a little less alone.
11. The Ocean [feat. Shy Martin] - Mike Perry
Everything about this song is blissful.
11. Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap
This is my favorite sunny day song. Soon it will be yours too, I'm sure.
12. All We Know [feat. Pheobe Ryan] - The Chainsmokers
I feel like this song was written for me. It leaves me with a bittersweet sense of nostalgia.
13. Diet Soda Society - The Maine
I've spent the last nine years of my life following this band around the country. This is the happiest song they've ever written. Imagine that.
14. Daydreaming - Paramore
Anything Paramore touches turns to magic in my book, but there's just something about this song...
15. Divinity [feat. Amy Millan] - Porter Robinson [ODESZA Remix]
THIS SONG. This song is absolutely everything.
16. Inside Out [feat. Charlee] - The Chainsmokers [DubVision Remix]
One of the most beautiful songs, made even better? Thank you.