16 Outdoor Spots In Maryland To Visit This Summer

Maryland may be small, but it sure has a lot to see and do!

122
chesapeakecity.com

Now that the weather is warmer and Old Man Winter is all said and done, it's time to start enjoying the great outdoors! There are plenty of outdoor places to visit here in Maryland. Whether you live here or are planning a visit, be sure to check out the beautiful places that the Old Line State has to offer! Listed below are a few of said places. I have been to all of these places below and loved them all!

1. Watkins Regional Park

Come on down to Upper Marlboro and follow the yellow brick road to this Wizard of Oz-themed park. This is perfect place to let out your inner child! While you're there, be sure to check out the nature center and the little zoo!

Address: 301 Watkins Park Dr., Upper Marlboro, MD 20774

2. Six Flags America

Come one, come all and get on some rides, take a dip in the water parks, and play some games to win prizes! About 5 minutes down the road from Watkins Regional Park is this fun place! Just make a right on to MD 214 (Central Avenue), drive for a couple minutes until you see the Six Flags sign (you can't miss it), and turn left into the parking lot.

Address:13710 Central Ave., Mitchellville, MD 20721

3. Double Rock Park

Bring your camera and take a few moments to enjoy the beautiful scenery and nature that surrounds you! If you have children with you, let them play on the playground! This is also a good place to pack a lunch and have a nice picnic with the family.

Address: 8211 Glen Rd., Parkville, MD 21234

4. Cylburn Arboretum

Hands down one of Baltimore's most beautiful tourist attractions. If you visit, you can take a walk in the park, enjoy the beauty of the many flowers, or have a picnic!

Address: 4915 Greenspring Ave., Baltimore, MD 21209

5. Baltimore's Inner Harbor

There's so many things to do and see there. You could visit the aquarium, shop at the Harborplace mall, ride a water taxi, ride one of the dragon boat's etc. If you are hungry, there are plenty of dining options to choose from such as Hard Rock Cafe, Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse, Cheesecake Factory, Brio Tuscan Grille etc. This is one of those places where you could never get bored.

6. National Harbor

Not far from Washington, D.C. is this gorgeous Maryland landmark. Located in Oxon Hill, this place is conveniently located across the river from Alexandria, Virginia. If you ride the water taxi, it will take you across the river into Old Town Alexandria, where there are plenty of shops to check out and restaurants to choose from. While you are visiting the National Harbor, be sure to ride the Capital Wheel and get a beautiful view of the entire harbor!

7. Tanger Outlets

An outdoor mall? Now that's something you don't see every day. If you are planning a trip to the National Harbor and are in the mood for some shopping, look no further because this outdoor mall has plenty of stores where you can shop until you drop!

Address: 6800 Oxon Hill Rd. #399, Oxon Hill, MD 20745

8. Patuxent River Park- Jug Bay Natural Area

Located just outside of Upper Marlboro in Croom, this park has a lot of nature to observe. Here, you can go fishing, rent a canoe, take a nature walk, visit the little museum, or even rent a small area of the park for activities!

Address: 16000 Croom Airport Rd., Croom, MD 20772

9. Loch Raven Reservoir

A landmark of this place is the big dam. Besides seeing the dam, you can also go fishing, relax by the water, and feed the geese!

10. Annapolis Towne Centre

Located right around the corner from Westfield Annapolis (Annapolis Mall) is this outdoor shopping area. While you are there, be sure to get some frozen yogurt from Menchie's (thank me later)!

Address: 1906 Towne Centre Blvd., Annapolis, MD 21401

11. Bowie Town Center

This outdoor shopping area has plenty of choices when it comes to shopping and eating. It is also located right near a movie theater if you are in the mood to catch a flick.

Address: 15606 Emerald Way, Bowie, MD 20716

12. Allen Pond Park

A Bowie gem. This is perfect park to go jogging and take the kiddies to visit the playground!

Address: 3330 Northview Dr., Bowie, MD 20716

14. The Maryland Zoo

Animal lovers, prepare to be amazed! This zoo features a tram ride, a petting zoo, caves, and more!

Address: 1876 Mansion House Dr., Baltimore, MD 21217

15. Catoctin Wildlife Preserve and Zoo

Located in Frederick County, this zoo offers a safari ride where visitors can observe the wildlife and even touch certain animals. It's an animal lover's paradise!

Address: 13019 Catoctin Furnace Rd., Thurmont, MD 21788

And of course...

16. Ocean City

What's a trip to Maryland without visiting Ocean City? From the beach, numerous mini golf courses, ample restaurant options, and the famous Dumser's ice cream place, it is really hard to get bored. In fact, this is a popular vacation spot for Marylanders, no matter what part of the state they are from.

Maryland may be an underrated state, but it offers several places to see and things to do. Marylanders, get the family together for a day trip. Non-Marylanders, prepare for a memorable vacation, no matter which place you choose to visit.