16 Movie Classics Every 90's Baby Needs To See (Or Be Shunned)

The 90's was the golden age of movies.

72
Fandom

Last week I showed you some nostalgic songs that everyone should listen to at least once if you haven't done so already.

This week I'm dipping into your childhood. It is okay if you haven't already seen all 16 movies, but if you haven't seen at least 10 of them, you're probably that person in your friend group where every movie reference just goes right over your head. So here are some essential movies to watch that will help with that.

1. "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"

The original badass High Schooler who manages to be the exception to every rule. Sit back and take lessons kids. (Btw if you ever wondered how much that whole day he had would have cost, click HERE)

2. "Jumanji"

Every kid's first worst nightmare, and yet coolest fantasy. Plus ROBIN WILLIAMS! (RIP, you brilliant soul)

3. "The Breakfast Club"

Prime. 80's. Cinema!!! And this will probably be the only common ground with which you and your parents will agree on during your teen years!

4. "Mean Girls"

If you haven't seen this movie, you have failed. And YOU CAN'T SIT WITH US!! Seriously, go see it! You're probably one of three people in your entire high school class that didn't see it. So you go Glenn Coco, you go!!

5. "Sixteen Candles"

Molly Ringwald! The ginger that ruled 80's movie theaters! And she had one of the craziest "forgettable" birthdays. ;)

6. "Back to the Future"

Probably the only real Sci-fi movie you need to see. I guarantee references to this movie come up a lot more than you would like to admit. If not, Great Scott, you need new friends.

7. "Adventures in Babysitting"

This movie is probably the main reason most of Generation Z doesn't want kids... but it's hilarious and will make you appreciate your youth.

8. "High School Musical"

You don't have to watch them all, but you NEED to see this one to understand the power of OG Disney channel, and the genesis of Zack Efron's badass-ness. Admit it: the plot is good, and the songs are catchy.

9. "Halloween Town"

Still one of my favorite Halloween movies. This movie is another great example of the essence of OG Disney feels.

10. "Pulp Fiction"

The Original strange comedy movie. If ever there is one movie that you won't fully understand, but have to watch once and laugh. It is definitely this one. It's on par with the randomness of Anchor Man but way better.

11. "Home Alone"

Macaulay Culkin. I mean come on, what was your childhood without this at Christmas? But seriously, how did that mom forget her kid not once, but THREE times at home by himself?! And how do they have 9 kids and can still afford a house that big?? I digress...

12. "Jurassic Park"

Everyone's first attempt at a grown-up scary movie. Brilliantly done, amazing special effects and Second-grade nostalgia all around.

13. "The Shawshank Redemption"

Morgan Freeman!! I feel like you have to see this movie to truly appreciate the brilliance that is Morgan. Brilliant plot line that does the art of cinema true justice.

14. "The Sandlot"

I'm pretty sure this is why I was scared of dogs till I was 12...But another brilliant classic every middle schooler should have seen. It makes you believe in the power of will and dreams.

15. "Little Rascals"

When you think back to your first crush and girls having cooties, and just being confused about IT ALL!! This movie showed it perfectly as the hilarious situation it is. (Also, if you wanna know what the cast has been up to click here).

16. "Beetle Juice"

To this day, not gonna lie, I still hesitate to say his name three times in a row. Brilliant music, and very odd but entertaining comedy.