If you make a habit of hitting up your school’s nightlife scene, then there are a few things that happen almost every time you do. Whether they're funny, sad, embarrassing, or just downright irritating, most people end up going through the same series of events during a night out. In no particular order, here are a few things we may all be able to relate to at the end of every night.
1. You’re planning on going out, but no one ever knows exactly what’s going on until a couple hours before.
So, when people ask you what your plans are, you don’t have a clue.
2. Once you actually do figure out what you’re doing, you contemplate staying in after all.
It’s harder to remove oneself from a warm bed than you may think.
3. When the night has just started, you’re feeling indestructible.
But that might just have something to do with the fact that your winged eyeliner is perfectly winged.
4. Someone random offers you a drink and says, "Try this! It’s sooo good.”
Uh, it’s a "no" from me.
5. Before you get used to the crowded, stuffy rooms, there are a few moments of regret.
Fear of missing out on what? Wondering whether all of the sweat on your body is actually from you or one of the six people nearby.
6. From across the room, you see someone you hardly know, but react like someone who just saw a person they thought was dead.
We both know this is probably not something you’d do if you saw them anywhere else.
7. At some point in the night, you see that guy/girl you’ve been texting, but haven’t really established a relationship with.
Things are weird.
8. Or, even worse, you end up seeing some guy or girl you talked to last semester but haven’t spoken to in a month.
Things are even weirder.
9. You realize your friend is having a bad night, so you take it upon yourself to give them a dramatic pep talk.
Because after all, you give your best advice in the bathroom of a fraternity house.
10. You find yourself in the bathroom late in the night and think to yourself, "Whoa, that’s not me, is it?"
11. Someone attempts to have a serious conversation with you and you’re not having it.
What about dancing to the Top 20 means to you, "Hey, I’m open for a meaningful chat"?
12. You might be jamming a little too hard to your favorite song, considering every song they’ve played so far has been your "favorite song."
There is no way you love "Wagon Wheel" and "Sweet Caroline" the same amount. You have to choose.
13. Once you get home, you NEED a snack.
It’s a necessity. You simply cannot go to bed without ordering from Jimmy John's.
14. Waking up, or even functioning at all, the next morning is hard.
But hey, that has nothing to do with the fact that you finally ventured home at 3 a.m., right?
15. When you finally take a second to look at your phone, you see something scary.
16. But it’s OK, last night was Friday night. Tonight is Saturday night!
So you’ll probably do it all over again, and that’s still OK.