15 Useful Websites For College Students

15 Useful Websites For College Students

Important websites for any college student
1605

Recently college students have become more and more reliant on the web. However, because of the abundance of websites we have access to, we often find it hard to find the information we are looking for. But, if you look in the right places you can find very useful information on the web. Here are some useful sites for college students:

1. Rate My Professors

This is the best website for students who are registering for classes. The site provides ratings for more than one million teachers and professors around the world. Over 6.8 million students ranked their professors with details.

2. Text Swap

Most students can't afford to buy brand new textbooks for each class every semester. Text Swap is the perfect alternative! Text Swap is a free textbook exchange service for students who want to be able to trade their used textbooks online for other ones.

3. Study Hacks

Study Hacks is dedicated to "demystifying student success." This college blog is one of the best places on the internet to get study advice and their strategies actually work!

4. Student Loan Calculator

Student Loan Calculator was made by the College Board to make it easier for college students to stay on top for their student loan payments.

5. RefDesk

Most of us English 120 students are working on research papers and one of the things we're finding hard to do is find legitimate resources! But, fear not! RefDesk is an award-winning site which provides a great platform to find and check facts. It has an enormous collection of reference materials, searchable databases, and other great resources that you probably can't find anywhere else.

6. Encylcopedia.com

This is another great website for research. This website allows students to cite reputable sources. Encyclopedia.com pulls search results from over 100 reputable dictionaries and encyclopedias, including sources like the Oxford University press.

7. ChaCha

Although ChaCha isn't a citable website, it is the perfect place to start research. This website has over 15,000 guides who help answer any questions students may have.

8. Essay Punch

Essay Punch provides an interactive online essay-writing tutorial. It helps students organize thoughts and improve their essay skills, as well as brainstorm and read sample essays.

9. The Owl

The Owl is named after the Purdue University's Online Writing Lab, which is another great resource for student writers who want to learn more about writing mechanics, formatting, outline development, and avoiding plagiarism.

10. Wridea

Wridea is another free online idea management service that hopes to help writers brainstorm, organize, and improve their ideas.

11. Bib Me

Bib Me is a lifesaver! This site includes a bibliography generator that automatically fills in a works cited page using MLA, APA, and other formats.

12. The Online Books Page

The Online Books page is a website made by the University of Pennsylvania, it has over 30,000 books that anyone can read for free online. Users can search books by their titles or their author.

13. Open Book Project

The Open Book Project was made specifically for the academic community. Students and teachers can find free textbooks and other open-source education materials.

14. SparkNotes

Last but not the least, how can we forget SparkNotes? Whether in terms of when you need to catch up on a reading you could complete, or would like to understand your readings in more detail, SparkNotes is the best place to go. This site offers summaries of several books as well as provides essay help, timelines, and much more.