One of the most unfortunate things about this world is the fact that cooking does not come naturally to everyone. Thankfully, there's such a thing as instant meals and take-out. While cooking is a skill that can be learned, practiced, and perfected, it is also one of the most difficult things on the planet. Cooking is definitely not my forte, and although I am not exactly proud of that fact, I've owned it and made it known (and have still managed to not starve, thanks). To all the people out there who are aware of their cooking skills (lack-thereof), here are 15 situations you probably know to be true.
1. Cereal, instant noodles, and frozen pizzas all apply as breakfast, lunch, or dinner at any given time you're responsible for your own meals.
2. You've managed to screw up a frozen pizza.
3. Herbs and spices mean nothing to you because you have no idea on how to actually use them.
4. You tend to avoid cooking foods that involve a lot of flipping.
5. You've been teased by just about everyone on the planet about how you're probably going to starve once you live out on your own.
6. The ability to boil water is one of your proudest cooking achievements.
7. Leftovers are your best friend.
8. Until it comes time to heat them in the microwave and you put them in for too long.
9. Frozen dinners aren't actually the go-to option, but at the same time you can't be picky.
10. Almost anything you ever make will either look good or taste good - rarely both.
11. Two words. Soupy pancakes.
12. No matter how closely you think you've followed the directions, the food never turns out how it's supposed to.
13. Therefore you have given up on anything that involves a cookbook.
14. You keep telling yourself you'll learn how to actually cook eventually.
15. And when you've finally managed to cook something "difficult" that looks good, you've taken about 30 pictures of it on your phone and don't want to ruin it by eating it.