15 Times You Were Nick Miller From 'New Girl'

"Hi, I'm Nicholas Miller, an American from Chicago."

766

Fellow "New Girl"fans know that each of Jess’s roommates have a certain quality about them, especially the always hilarious and devastatingly real Nick Miller. From always speaking the typically unheard truth to making any situation incredibly awkward, we have all watched Nick Miller and thought, “Yep, I was there.” Here are a few different instances:

1. When you run into someone you used to know and they ask you what you've been doing with your life

2. Every time you talk to that *enemy* you secretly find cute

3. When you plan out a joke and it falls flat

4. Whenever two of your friends start fighting with each other in the same room as you

5. Nick is totally you when you go to a party and realize you know no one there

6. When you are that friend who gives out oddly good advice without really even meaning to

7. He's you when comforting a friend about an awkward encounter with their significant other

8. You are at the same party from earlier, but realize you really should stay for at least twenty more minutes before it is socially acceptable to leave

9. Nick knows what you're thinking after your doctor asks you about your health and you don't know what kind of lie to tell them

10. Your first instinct when someone at school tells you that you should run for a board position in that club you are a member of

11. When you're at a formal dinner and have no idea what you are doing

12. Nick understands you when trying to be positive amidst all of the chaos during Finals Week

13. And he's you whenever you make a huge mistake, too

14. Nick's definitely you after a bad week filled with terrible papers, several rejections, and countless regrets

15. Finally, Nick Miller is you when you realize that no matter how uncomfortable or strange your life is, it is simply your life and you are okay with that