15 Thoughts Every Introvert Who Loves Music Has At A Concert

Because you love music, but you hate crowds of loud, obnoxious strangers.
867

Most introverts like to maintain a special balance in their lives with social situations and alone time. And for those of us who love music, live shows can be a hellish place.

1) You ponder why on earth you bought these tickets in the first place, knowing you hate going to shows.

It happens literally every time- you buy tickets in an excited frenzy knowing you love the artist, but as the date of the show looms closer, the feeling of impending doom grows.

2) If the tickets were cheap, you contemplate skipping the show and staying in the comfort of your own home. That’s worth what you paid, right? It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to just not go. You'll just end up tired, sweaty and in an anxious mood until the show ends. Netflix suddenly sounds so much better.

3) When you decide to suck it up and go, you mentally remind yourself to never buy tickets again, especially if you have to drive to another city.

Because now you have to factor in traffic and the drive back home. Who wants to drive hours back home in the dark when you're exhausted from the show?

4) When you get there, you can’t decide if it’s worth the wait in line to be close to the stage, or if you’re content in the back with the rest of the latecomers.

It doesn't really matter how close you are, right? As long as you can hear what's going on! Unless the artist pulls people in the front row on stage, or does something equally as cool...

5) But when the doors open you somehow push your way as close to the front as possible.

Because you just know that if you're content to stand in the back, something amazing will happen to those in the front rows.

6) And when the opener starts, you wonder why having openers is even a thing. START THE SHOW, ALREADY!

Unless you're extremely lucky or are into REALLY undiscovered music, there's a good chance you won't know who the openers are, and an even better chance you'll be too impatient to hear the headliner to really enjoy them.

7) When the crowd inevitably packs in closer when it’s time for the headliner, you wonder how long your sanity will last when stranger’s body parts start to make contact with you.

Because you just had to stand behind that unashamed dancer who's either accidentally grinding against you, or about to elbow you in the face.

8) You suddenly realize just how annoying unsupervised teenagers are. You also start to wonder if you looked that young and dumb when you were that age.

But then you realize you probably did, and some other person was judging you just the same.

9) When someone accidentally steps on your feet or spills an alcoholic drink anywhere near you, you again wonder why you do this to yourself over and over.

It comes with the territory, but it doesn't make it any less annoying.

10) If you’re short, you wonder why concert etiquette doesn’t demand the tall people who have squeezed in to the front row move to the back.

It's just common courtesy, right?!

11) When you googled the set-list and are diligently counting down the songs until it’s over, but the artist has decided to slip in a few extras.

And even though you probably love the extra songs they're playing, you feel betrayed by the set-list you were so desperately clinging to for sanity.

12) And when it’s finally time for the encore, you consider just leaving, but you know they’ll play your favorite song if you go.

Because there's that one popular song you haven't heard that you just know they'll save for the end.

13) And then the encore lasts extra long, too.

We all know there's going to be an encore. Just come back out, already!

14) When the lights finally dim and the crowd starts to disperse, there isn’t a more joyous feeling in the world.

All your complaints go out the window, because you're finally out of the sweaty mob you've been trapped in for the past few hours and have your own personal space once more.

15) And at the very end of it all, you’re happy you went, because you love music and you appreciate the experience now that it’s over. Until the next time, that is.

Because there will be a next time. You just can't help yourself.