15 Things You Know If People ALWAYS Think You And Your Sister Are Twins

"Wow, you two look so much alike! Are you twins?"
6845

My sister and I are 2 years apart. But since we were old enough to stand next to each other, people have thought we that we were twins. Whether we were little kids or college students, people have always had a hard time believing we were 2 years apart. If you and your sister look a lot alike, you'll understand.

1. People ask if you are twins all the time

You probably have the same hair color and similar heights, automatically leading people to assume that you are just normal sisters.

2. You've definitely told people you were and never corrected them

"Are you twins?" "Yep." (This joke was especially funny when you were kids. You thought you had SHOOK them.)

3. You actually don't think you look anything alike

You definitely understand why people think it, but since you've had your face your whole life and have looked at your sister's too, you know that you actually don't look much alike.

4. Wearing similar outfits basically makes you identical

There have been times you have walked downstairs in too similar an outfit and knew you would have to change so you didn't look like identical twins.

5. People often mistake you for one another

You've had entire conversations with someone where you were incredibly confused and then were like... Oh, they think I am her.

6. You were dressed the exact same for 90% of your childhood

There must have been some mad buy-one-get-one deals when you were a kid, because your mother THRIVED on putting you two in identical outfits.

7. Neither of you actually look like your parents

This may not be a universal thing, but my sister and I look a lot like one another and pretty much nothing like our mom and dad.

8. You could get away with swapping IDs pretty easily

When I was underage, all I heard was, "just use your sister's ID!" (Don't worry, mom, I didn't.)

9. You actually take it as a compliment that someone thinks you would be twins with your sister

There are definitely worse people to be compared to.

10. Other siblings you have look nothing like you

If you have other siblings, everyone always asked the old, "was (s)he adopted?!" because they looked nothing like you. (Bonus points if you actually tried to tell your sibling they were adopted.)

11. Teachers always called you by your sister's name

If you were the older one, you got to be called by your own name. If you were the younger one, have fun assuming a new identity for the year.

12. If one of you changed something about you, people stopped questioning your twin-ness

As soon as a hair color was changed, nobody actually thought you looked like twins anymore.

13. You used to wish that you were actual twins

We grew up with Mary-Kate and Ashley movies: Being twins was ALL the rage. (Pictured here: Me with an actually broken arm. My sister with a fake cast on so we could have broken arms together.)

14. You probably have the same good side

I mean, you're twins, right? Makes sense that you would have the same good side. This leads to a lot of negotiations and a lot of back-to-front photos for compromise.

15. You wouldn't want to be fake twins with anyone else

A lifetime of telling people you aren't twins is made entirely worth it when you get to have such an awesome sister by your side.