15 Things That Only Science Majors Understand

The life of a science major, just kidding we have no life.

743

Choosing between showering, studying, having a life, sleeping, or eating becomes a daily thing, studying until 2am in the morning for a test that is only a couple days away, and trying to stay sane through college describes the average life of any science major. One of the hardest majors out there, and we still chose to give our lives away to science.

1. "I can't go, I have to study."

This is the most frequently said phrase I have to tell my friends when they all go out. What is free-time?

2. There is no such thing as a cancelled science class, and you can never avoid having an 8am.

Science professors are immune to getting sick...

3. It is a million degrees outside, but you have lab that day.

Closed-toed shoes, long pants, goggles, and covered shoulders in 90 degree weather. Not to mention, you can never have nice hair because it has to be tied up.

4. You do not know how to spell, but you do know almost all the elements on the periodic table.

I also know how to spell different phylum of bacteria that you probably never heard of.

5. Getting annoyed when hearing other non-science majors say they have "hard classes."

You guys do not know what hard is! I wish I could take Chemistry 101 instead of Chemistry 409878.

6. The class average on an exam is borderline failing, and you are completely okay with that.

Seeing that curve on the exam grade is like winning the lottery. Nothing like that 65% turning into a B+.

7. You always look like you just got out of bed, but you never went to bed.

What is sleep? Is dressing up for school a thing?

8. Precision and accuracy are different.

No explanation needed.

9. Cumulative finals do not look like previous exams, let alone any of your notes.

When using the skill of taking an educated guess comes into play.

10. Your class notes look like some foreign language.

Scribble there, scribble here, scribble everywhere.

11. When you think you are prepared, but you are wrong.

Sometimes I think I know what I am doing then look around and see everyone doing something different.

12. Having textbooks that weigh as much as a cow and cost your whole life's savings.

This big book of things I don't understand is required and cost $300. Can the class share one book?

13. Always contemplating on dropping out of school and wondering how you even made it this far.

We all know what B.S. actually stands for.

14. Wondering how long this lab will lasts because you are hangry.

Nothing worse than not eating before this 3-hour lab session.

15. Knowing that all this hard work will actually pay off in the future. Science rules!

At the end of the day, we all appreciate science and love to learn new things. Many science majors want to go into the medical field, which in turn, is rewarding on its own. It's a beautiful day to save lives.