15 Things Every Millennial Misses From Childhood

If only we could go back.

102

While in a class, a professor asked us why we never "play" anymore. She mentioned that as kids, we always just played. We played in the sand, played in the pool, played in the snow. Now, what do we do? We work, learn, work, study. After this sad realization, I began to think of all the best things from our childhoods.

1. Skip it

I had one, all of my neighbors had one, everyone had one. Although I don't miss the way it made my ankle feel like it was broken, it was fun to see how many times you could get it around without face planting.

2. Drake and Josh

Because it was all the rage then and still is now.

3. The parachute in gym class

Did anyone NOT have fun when we spent the gym class playing with these?

4. CARTWHEELS

Doing cartwheels (or trying to do cartwheels) always made us feel like the most talented gymnasts as children.

5. Less homework

Although we might've felt like we had a billion things to do for homework then, now we truly miss the simplicity of it.

6. Polly Pockets

I miss the simpler times when the most difficult thing I had to do was change my Polly Pocket's rubber clothing.

7. Sleepovers

Remember when having a sleepover and staying up late with your best friends was the most exciting thing? Now all we want to do is sleep.

8. Rugrats

Another show that was (obviously) so relatable as you can see by the gif above.

9. Wonderballs

A chocolate ball with sweet candies inside? What more could a kid ask for?

10. Kids meals

A drink + fries + main dish + a toy = happiness

11. Book fairs

AKA: the first time I remember ever wanting to purchase a book.

12. Playing in the snow

I'm not even sure if they make snow pants that would fit me, but I do know I miss snowball fights, sledding, and making snow tunnels.

13. Playing in the sprinkler

What am I supposed to do now when it's scalding outside and I don't have a pool?

14. Birthday parties

The most traumatic events are also the most fun ones. Plus you get cake.

15. Old Disney movies and shows

Hannah Montana, That's So Raven, Suite Life of Zack and Cody... and so on. My only dream is to get those shows and movies back.

Who says we can't play anymore? Who says we can't go sledding and eat a kids meal? Take a small break and have a little fun while reminiscing in your childhood.