If you're anything like me, you believe that dogs are God's gift to the world. I mean why else would God spelled backwards be dog? If I could spend all my days surrounded by baskets of puppies, I'd be the happiest person in the world. Every person who loves dogs knows these fifteen things to be true.
1. You cry every time you see a dog.
And we're not talking like tearing up, you go into full on waterworks because you just can't handle the cuteness of the dog you are beholding.
2. You share every social media picture, video, or status that has to do with dogs.
Dogs will never not be cute or popular with your other Facebook friends, so why not have your entire timeline be filled with dogs? Or even have a board on Pinterest devoted to dogs. There is no shame.
3. You are consistently begging your parents for a dog.
Even if you already have three, you are consistently bargaining with your parents. You say you NEED another dog and that your current dog needs a friend. Or shoot, even you need a friend. You may even have powerpoints on why you should own a dog and present them to your parents on a weekly basis.
4. When you envision your future, it includes having a pack of dogs.
Forget lonely cat lady, you will be a lonely dog lady and that is completely acceptable. You get as many dogs as you want, because we all know they're better roommates.
5. If you see a dog in public, your first goal is to pet it.
You have run across streets so that you can get to a dog that clearly needs to be pet. You're simply doing this world a favor by petting as many dogs as you can. The world needs more people like you.
6. You prefer your dog over people.
Dogs love you unconditionally, even when you mess up. People aren't as forgiving. It's pretty simple if you ask me. Dogs are just better.
7. If you see a stray dog, you WILL rescue it.
Even if it's on a four-lane highway, you will pull of on the side of the road and rescue those fur-babies because they need to be safe and happy.
8. The only time you cry in movies is when the dog dies.
But for real though.
9. You consider your dogs apart of your family.
If your dogs aren't in your family pictures are you really a dog lover?
10. The dog filter on Snapchat is your life.
It's your go to filter for yourself as well as what you use on your dogs, even though they already have that face. It's just too cute not to.
11. Your entire camera roll on your phone is all pictures of your dogs, or dogs in general.
You know when people pull out their wallets to show you pictures of their kids, well this is the same thing, but with dogs. You're just so proud of how cute your dog is, like how can you not just show the world.
12. When you get homesick, it's really because you miss your dogs.
Who cares about hugs from your parents. It's doggy kisses that make the world go round. You're going home to your best friends.
13. A cuddle from a dog can make everything better.
A giant fluff ball wants to sit on your lap, you let him. Dog cuddles are the best because they're pure love, even if you can't breathe because your hundred pound lap dog doesn't understand the concept of weight distribution.
14. When you were little you probably wanted to be a veterinarian.
But then you quickly reevaluated once you realized you would have to put dogs down and you just couldn't live with the idea of that.
15. You will always maintain that dogs are man's best friend.
Dogs will always be your loyal companions and will love you no matter what. There is no comparison of dogs to other animals or even people, because simply put: we don't deserve dogs. Yet dogs are in our lives and live to make us happy. And boy do they sure do that.