15 Things A College Student Can Be Thankful For

"There is always something to be thankful for."

9
Elijah White

Thanksgiving Break: the last break before finals and before Christmas. It's a time when you can be spending it with family, cramming for finals, relaxing for once, or stuffing yourself full of food. Any of that (besides finals) sounds great, right? Being a college student comes with many challenges, but there is also a lot to be thankful for. Here are 20 things and people and places that I am thankful for this Thanksgiving.

1. God.

2. My family.

3. My friends that have become family.

4. The opportunity to even receive a college education.

5. The ability to keep my faith even in the toughest times.

6. Having friends that motivate me to do my best.

7. Having family that supports me no matter what.

8. Being able to access everything that I need in life, whether it is food, company, or shelter.

9. God keeping me on the path he chose for me.

10. Being surrounded by people who love and care for me no matter what.

11. Music because it keeps me sane in the hardest of times (Thanks Beyoncé).

12. The opportunity to learn more about a subject I have come to love.

13. The professors that spend their time teaching daily to aid students in preparing for the future.

14. Having a wonderful campus that has become my home away from home.

15. Everything in my life, because without it my life would not be the same it is today.

I'm thankful for everything in my life, the good and the bad. Because without any of it, I would not be the person I am today. I would not have set out to do what I want to do because I would not have faced the good and the bad.

I've been through a lot in my young life. A lot of people have, and because of it we are better people. We didn't let the bad keep us down. We got back up and faced it. And for that I'm thankful for everything that has occurred, will occur, or is occurring. Because it will make me the person I am supposed to be.