15 Of The Best Disney Channel Original Movies

Disney Channel created some amazing movies, but what are the best ones?

116
YouTube

Growing up in the early 2000's came with its fair share of pros and cons. However, one of the best things about the time was most likely Disney Channel Original Movies. I'll be honest, I definitely would have rather watched a DCOM over pretty much anything released in theaters because, well, Disney Channel was the best. But not every single DCOM can be crowned the best one or all time favorite, so here is a ranking of the fifteen best Disney Channel Original Movies.

15. "The Thirteenth Year"

I didn't even realize I wanted to become a merman until I saw this movie. However inconvenient the whole process was, growing a mermaid tail would greatly improve my swimming skills.

14. "Smart House"

Technology may be advancing very quickly, but nothing will ever be able to top the house in "Smart House." This was the ultimate party throwing house.

13. "Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century"

Zenon was the space girl we all wanted to be, don't lie to yourself.

12. "Phantom of the Megaplex"

This movie gave me nightmares about going to my local cinema, but it's still one of the best out there.

11. "The Luck of the Irish"

Who wouldn't fight an evil leprechaun in a game of basketball to save their family? I know I would.

10. "Get a Clue"

Pre-breakdown Lindsay Lohan was the kid spy we all needed in our lives. This movie was kind of like "Gossip Girl" before "Gossip Girl" existed.

9. "Twitches"

This movie was like "The Parent Trap" with magic. Plus, the early-2000 outfits are pretty great too.

8. "Eddie's Million Dollar Cook-off"

This movie definitely made me feel like I could take whatever I learned in middle school Home Economics and win a major competition with it. Plus, Bobby Flay? That's like, the ultimate person to learn from in the world of cooking.

7. "Now You See It..."

This movie made me wish I had magical superpowers and then made me wish I didn't. It was almost like an early 2000's "Now You See Me," but with better relationships.

6. "Minutemen"

Who wouldn't want the chance to travel through time? I can't say for sure that I would dress up in the parkas and snow boots, but I definitely would use the ability every once in a while.

5. "Camp Rock"

While I'm sure there is a camp somewhere out there that is actually a lot like the one in this movie, I have yet to find it. However, this is the summer camp almost every kid dreams of.

4. "Lemonade Mouth"

I think this movie caused me to go through a little bit of punk phase, but who didn't?

3. "Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior"

I wish Homecoming was as big of a deal at all high schools as it was in this one. Plus, this movie got into some serious magic, which was fun to see London Tipton in.

2. "Halloweentown" (and all the sequels)

Let's be real, "Halloweentown" was one of the best series Disney created. I watch this entire season on a yearly basis, always around the Halloween season. It may have tapered off towards the end of the series, but it still has a special place in all of our hearts.

1. "High School Musical"

It's probably not much of a surprise that this took the number one spot on this list, but what else could top it? Even though it might have given us all unrealistic expectations of what high school would be like, it's still pretty close to all of our hearts.

From Your Site Articles