15 Springy Songs To Mentally Get You Through Winter

Don't let the weather stop you!

109

It's that time of year again, the end of February. In some parts of the country, it's already time to break out the shorts and switch to a light jacket, but in others, March typically tends to be barely over freezing except for that one random day that fools you into thinking it's spring but it's not.

As someone who absolutely cannot stand winter, late February to early March is the struggle bus. But have no fear, friends! As in most parts of life, you can use music to get you out of winter and all pepped up for spring!

Here are my top 15 springy, happy songs for this turning point of the year. Before you know it, it'll be time to rock those rompers and sandals!

15. "Home" by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

Probably the one song from high school I'm not ashamed that I still listen to. This song is pretty well-known but is a staple on any playlist meant to put you in a good mood.

14. "Texas" by Magic Man

You probably haven't heard this song before, but trust me, it deserves to be on every radio station! It's perfect for late night drives, getting ready, running on the treadmill and everything in between. Also, Abigail Breslin is in the video so, it's basically perfection.

13. "Stay Out" by Nina Nesbitt

Stir crazy? Play this song while you're getting ready for a night out! A good quality song for when you get tired of playing "What Do You Mean?" over and over again.

12. "Life Is Rosy" by Jess Penner

Warning: this video is the epitome of spring. Like, frolic through a field of love and flowers spring. But it's wonderful for those days where you're just really, truly happy!

11. "I Do Adore" by Mindy Gledhill

Same thing with "Life Is Rosy," it's adorable, but in an Ingrid Michaelson singing "You and I" with a ukulele type of way.

10. "Now Is The Start" by A Fine Frenzy

A great song to listen to while taking a spring walk and exploring. Also a perfect travel song!

9. "What I Wouldn't Do" by Serena Ryder

Try to listen to this one without tapping your foot. I'm pretty sure that's impossible.

8. "When We Were Young" by Lucy Schwartz

This one will hit you right in the feels if you watched "Parenthood", or if you didn't watch "Parenthood."Yes, it's the show's theme song. But it's amazing even on its own! (Side note: watch "Parenthood.").

Also, this music video is the most adorable thing I have ever seen.

7. "Someone New" by Hozier

For those chilled out nights with friends when you want to seem like you have really good music taste.

6. "Going Home" by Randall Kent

Another sweet road trip or nostalgic song.

5. "I'm Good" by The Mowgli's

Or basically any song by The Mowgli's. I would place money on any of their music lifting you out of even the worst of moods.

4. "Hold Back the River" by James Bay

Not exactly the most upbeat song, but something about it just screams spring to me.

3. "Something in the Water" by Brooke Fraser

A super fun and upbeat track to weave those flower crowns for Coachella to.

2. "Take All the Time You Need" by Oh Honey

Featured in the trailer for "Me Before You"...a.k.a. the new "Fault in Our Stars", so bring your tissues.

1. "Sugar, You" by Oh Honey

Happy almost spring, everybody!