15 College Realities Worthy Of A Horror Film

Mondays.

748

Forget "Goosebumps," and "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark," this 15 short-stories as told by any college student ever are definitely the spookiest stories. These tales will give you chills down your spine and make the hairs on your neck stand up. Prepare yourself for 15 truly horrifying stories that will keep you up at night.

1. 8 AM classes

Do I really need to go to my 8 a.m.? What could I possibly miss if I skipped just one day of class?

2. Group projects

Literal nightmare.

3. What are you doing after you graduate? What's your major? How are your classes going?

I don't know yet, a lot of stuff and they're fine, Aunt Helen.

4. Midterms

Are all professors psychic or do they have a monthly meeting where they all decide to schedule their midterms on the same day just to prank students? Midterms are the worst because they sneak up on you while you're still adjusting and getting back into school-mode.

5. Student loans

As if you didn't have enough to stress about after graduation, such as finding a job or a place to live, you also have to worry about how you're going to pay off your student loans. And, because you don't have a place to live yet, you also don't have a secure job. And because you don't have a secure job, you don't have money to pay off your student loans. It's a never-ending, vicious cycle.

6. Mondays

All in favor of making Monday part of the weekend and making Tuesday the most hated day in the calendar, say 'I'.

7. Communal restrooms/showers

Toe fungus, dirty toilets, clogged drains, oh my! Odds are you either take a five-minute shower to get out of the bathroom as quickly as possible or take a 30-minute shower because you feel super gross having to bathe where hundreds of people already have.

8. Forgetting you had an exam

There's nothing more terrifying than walking to your lecture hall, getting ready to take notes and then seeing the professor handing out tests.

I'll take my 'F' now.

9. Having to go to office hours

What do you even say when you're sitting down with your professor one on one in their office? You're one out of a thousand students that they see every day.

"Hey, nice lecture on Thursday! I really loved the part about, um, that one thing you said..."

10. When the WiFi isn't working

THE. ABSOLUTE. WORST.

11. Walking across campus in the pouring rain

There's nothing sexier than having soaking wet hair and clothes sticking to you as you sit in a lecture hall surrounded by people who also smell like wet dogs.

12. Night classes

Trust me, the professor wants to be there just as much as you do.

13. Realizing you put off your assignments a little too long

Unfortunately, that paper isn't going to write itself.

14. Deadlines

Deadline after deadline after deadline. Once you finally get that one paper finished you can relax... for about five seconds because the next paper is due in an hour. The deadlines are never-ending.

15. FINALS

Ah yes, finals... the accumulation of all of the above wrapped up by one test that will decide whether or not you passed your class. No pressure there.

Now you're done with your finals and you can go home for awhile and take showers in your own shower, sleep in on Monday mornings and not have to stress about deadlines... until you go back and do it all again next semester!