Summer Playlist

15 Songs To Add To Your Summer Playlist

With summer right around the bend, you need some new music.

17
15 Songs To Add To Your Summer Playlist

I'm a big music lover. I'll listen to pretty much anything, from classic rock to classical. Music is like a kind of therapy, and it's helped me get through some pretty rough times. These songs are some of my favorites; they never get old. Whether life is going fantastically or not so much, these are definitely some jams to keep in mind.

1. Angela - The Lumineers

Released in 2016 on the album “Cleopatra,” this song has some seriously good vibes. It has a pure sound that’s relaxing and easy to listen to.

2. Cool Blue - Japanese House

This song is true to its name. It sounds like how water feels, with its electronic-indie mix.

3. A Thousand Times - Hamilton Leithauser + Rostam

Leithauser's raw and distinct vocals make this song. I can feel the power and emotion in his voice every time I listen to it.

4. Superposition - Young the Giant

A relatively new song, “Superposition” has it all. A pop-kind-of beat, enticing vocals, and catchy lyrics. I can’t get enough.

5. Northern Lights - Death Cab for Cutie

Death Cab has been around for a while, and this track is on their newest album. I love listening to this one while driving; it feels like an endless summer.

6. Angels - Khalid

Everybody has heard “Young Dumb and Broke;" this track is from the same album. I love its simplicity, using primarily piano and vocals. Khalid's tone is nothing short of perfect in this song.

7. Open Your Eyes - Snow Patrol

This song is older, released in 2006. Regardless, I think it has an ageless, sincere sound. The lyrics are hopeful and powerful at the same time.

Old Pine - Ben Howard

This is one I’ve listened to a lot recently. It has a very relaxing, nostalgic feel. I can listen on repeat without getting bored.

9. The Gold - Manchester Orchestra

Everything about this song is perfect, from its strong, upbeat opening to its end. Listening to the harmonies in the chorus make me feel like I’m a part of the music.

10. Schizophrenia- Jukebox The Ghost

Fast, energetic, and fun. This is another fun one to drive to, especially when driving fast. It makes me feel invincible, like I can do anything.

11. Dissolve - Absofacto 

I can’t help dancing when I listen to “Dissolve.” It is incredibly smooth and sweet, almost like honey if honey were a sound.

12. Alaska - Maggie Rogers 

Maggie Rogers combines her amazing voice with new, different kinds of sounds. This is the song you listen to when you want to feel free.

13. Ghost - Jeremy Messersmith

Something about this song is haunting, and not just because of the title. The main guitar riff carries through the song, adding a little at a time and then all at once. This is another one I could listen to on repeat for hours.

14. Bambi - Hippo Campus 

“Bambi” is as smooth as silk from the very beginning. It has a kind of spacey, other-worldly feel, not only in the music but in the lyrics.

15. Airplanes - Local Natives

The beat of the drum draws you in, and the gorgeous harmonies keep you there. It has a very full sound, and just feels satisfying to listen to.

I hope some or even one of these songs can give you some kind of pleasure. Every one of them has helped me or made me happy in some way. They make my hard days easier and my good days better. Enjoy!