​15 Songs That Will Bring Back Your Emo Phase

First the songs, then the Pete Wentz eyeliner.

91
Vimeo

We all went through it. Whether it was for a week or you've been going on a decade, your emo phase will always be with you. Here are fifteen songs that will have you running back to the Warped Tour mosh pit faster than a sale at Hot Topic.

1. “Chelsea Smile” by Bring Me The Horizon

You felt edgy listening to this. You can't deny it.

Key lyrics: "We all carry these things inside that no one else can see/They hold us down like anchors. They drown us out at sea."

2. “I.D.G.A.F.” by Breathe Carolina

This song started your scene phase single-handedly

Key lyric: "Even if this chemistry's a catastrophe/I don't give a fuck."

3. “If I’m James Dean, You’re Audrey Hepburn” by Sleeping With Sirens

You thought you knew what love was because of this song. It also started an unhealthy love of Kellin Quinn.

Key lyric: "They say that love is forever/Your forever is all that I need/Please stay as long as you need."

4. “Ignorance” by Paramore

If you haven't lip sang this song in your room thinking about your former best friend, you're actually lying.

Key lyric: "Don't wanna hear your sad songs/I don't wanna feel your pain/When you swear it's all my fault/Cause you know we're not the same."

5. “King For A Day” by Pierce The Veil ft. Kellin Quinn

You cried when this song came out and promptly listened to it all night. You cried even harder When the music video came out,

Key lyric: "Imagine living like a king someday/A single night without a ghost in the walls."

6. “Lollipop” by Framing Hanley

Not an original song, but every emo kid someone knows this cover over every single other alternative cover out there.

Key lyric: There are none. It's a cover. But you still love it regardless.

7. “Knives and Pens” by Black Veil Brides

The beginning of one of the most divisive band in the emo scene. Regardless of where you fall, you jammed to this song.

Key lyric: "And I can't go on without your love, you lost, you never held on."

8. “Situations” by Escape The Fate

You loved this song, but looking back at it, you didn't know what the lyrics meant and you shouldn't have been listening to it in sixth grade.

Key lyric: "Darling what is going on?/Honestly that never happened/Lying is your favorite passion."

9. “Dear Maria, Count Me In” by All Time Low

You still recommend this song to non-emo kids. You use this song as your starting point converter.

Key lyric: "Take a breath and let the rest come easy."

10. “Miserable At Best” by Mayday Parade

This song made you sad about your ex when you've never been in a relationship. It still makes you cry,

Key lyric: "And the hardest part of living is just taking breaths to stay/'Cause I know I'm good for something/I just haven't found it yet."

11. “Fame>Demise” by Woe, Is Me

The live acoustic version will always be the your favorite acoustic version of any song.

Key lyric: "I'lll build my way out of your demise/These dreams are my castles/Not the walls you built up around me."

12. “Second and Sebring” by Of Mice and Men

The most emotional bedroom performance you even gave was to this song. You also hugged your mom after, but only for a few second before you went back to being emotionless.

Key lyric: "This is not what it is, only baby scars/I need your love like a boy needs his mother's side."

13. “Sugar, We’re Goin’ Down” by Fall Out Boy

There's no explanation needed. Fall Out Boy will always be a staple in the emo trifecta.

Key lyric: "Am I more than you bargained for yet?"

14. “All I Want” by A Day to Remember

This band wasn't as high pitched as rest of your iPod, so you didn't feel embarrassed when showing you're non-emo friends.

Key lyrics: "You know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low."

15. “Welcome to The Black Parade” by My Chemical Romance

With the announcement of a "The Black Parade" re-release, the first note of is all someone needs to pull out the Gerard Way makeup. Not that it didn't already.

Key lyric: "We'll carry on/We'll carry on/And though you're dead and gone believe me/Your memory will carry on."