15 Signs You're From Ohio

15 Signs You're From Ohio

Home of the most presidents.

118
15 Signs You're From Ohio
Flickr

Everyone is proud of the state they're from, but there is no prouder resident than Ohioans. Ohioans have a very strong sense of pride. No matter where you may move or travel to, Ohio will always hold a special in our hearts. Here are some signs you may be from Ohio.

1. One word: Cornhole

It is not called beanbag toss. It is THE game perfect for tailgates.

2. You're used to cheering for bad professional sports teams.

The Cleveland Browns haven't had a consistent winning season since the 1990s.

3. You experience four seasons in one day.

It's not uncommon to have your A/C and heat on in the same day. It can go from 60 degrees and sunny to a blinding snowstorm.

4. You've experienced real humidity.

You've never experienced real humidity until you've been to Ohio in the summer. It is relentless and has you begging for a rain storm to break the humidity.

5. You're taught from a young age voting is important.

Ohio is a swing state that has often been the deciding vote in some presidential elections.

6. County fairs are a go-to event in the summer.

7. You automatically respond with I-O when someone shouts O-H.

This ritual seems to scare the people from other states.

8. Dodging potholes in the winter become a game of MarioKart.

Winter brings potholes big enough to swallow a car.

9. People tell you you have an accent.

10. It is not called soda.

A carbonated beverage is called pop.

11. Cornfields are part of your everyday landscape.

13. Hitting a deer while driving doesn't just happen in the movies.

They come out of nowhere.

14. Buckeyes are a type of candy.

15. We know "The Jake" is not actually a person.

Home of the Cleveland Indians.

No matter where you may end up, Ohio will always be your home.