Everyone loves to complain about that one friend who is never on time. But for some of us, we have to admit that we are the ones who are constantly late. Punctuality is sometimes harder than it seems. If you’re in denial, here are some clear signs that you are the late friend.
1. You know that when someone tells you a time, you will arrive roughly 15 minutes after said time.
You've gotten to the point where you've honestly accepted the fact that you won't be there on time.
2. You suffer from time optimism — you always think you have more time than you do. This leads you to fill your schedule with more activities that you can actually complete in one day.
How many hours are there in a day, again? I'm wondering because I have about 28 hours of activities booked today.
3. No matter how hard you try, something unexpected always comes up that delays you.
Maybe it's bad luck or maybe it's bad timing, but something ALWAYS gets in the way when you have to be somewhere at a specific time.
4. Your normal walking pace is somewhere between a speed walk and a run.
I mean, technically, you're getting in a good workout anytime you rush somewhere. And shamefully, sometimes you might even cramp up because you're walking so fast.
5. The whole “early is on time and on time is late” philosophy blows your mind.
How does this make any sense in the time vortex? Thinking about this concept is already setting you behind about five minutes in your schedule.
6. You often find yourself leaving the house straight out of the shower because you don’t have time.
The wet dog look is in right? But actually, who has time get ready when you should have left the house 15 minutes ago?
7. By the time your friends are done getting ready, you are just starting.
How did they manage to get ready so quickly? Didn't they have other things to do today?
8. Your friends are constantly yelling at you to be on time.
You already know you're late so having others yell at you is really just delaying the process even further, not to mention stressing you out.
9. You frequently use the phrase “on my way” when in reality you don’t plan on leaving anytime soon.
"No seriously I'm almost there." A little white lie can't do any real damage, right?
10. You don’t understand why everyone is in such a hurry all of the time.
Can everyone please sit back and relax? We'll get there eventually and nobody wants to be the first person to show up anyway.
11. You try on about four different outfits on average until you finally decide on the first one.
Dressing yourself is much harder than they make it seem when you're a kid.
12. Sometimes you take your sweet time because five more minutes is nothing in the big scheme of things.
Actually, though, you can take your time and be ready for the night or you can rush and forget to put on shoes. Sometimes taking an extra minute really can benefit you in the long run.
13. The word “almost” actually has an opposite definition in your vocabulary.
For example, "almost there" or "almost done" really means not even close.
14. The phrase “The Uber’s here!” is your worst nightmare.
How dare someone call the cab when you aren't ready? There's still so many things to be done!
15. You like to think that being fashionably late is actually fashionable.
In the great words of Queen Clarisse, "A Queen is never late, everyone else is simply early."