15 Shows To Binge Over Break

15 Shows To Binge Over Break

Because i'm basic and couldn't think of anything else to write about this week...

17
15 Shows To Binge Over Break

Now that finals week is officially over and we all have some time to breathe, I know that me, and many other students are turning to Netflix, or Hulu, or whatever to binge watch. So, here's a list of the 15 shows I think you should binge watch (or at least start) over winter break.

1. Weeds

This is one of my personal favorites. It follows the story of a mom whose husband dies unexpectedly and in order to keep her lifestyle she begins to sell marijuana. You can find all eight seasons of it on Netflix.

2.Gilmore Girls

I just finished Gilmore Girls myself and I'd definitely recommend it. It's a little slow to start but once you get into it it's one of the best shows around. It follows the lives of Lorelai Gilmore and her daughter Rory in their small (and weird) town, Stars Hollow, Connecticut. You can watch all seven of the original seasons plus the reboot Netflix original season on Netflix.

3. Orange Is the New Black

]

Orange Is the New Black is one of the best known Netflix originals and for good reason. This show about life in a women's prison is addicting and with only three seasons available as of now it's a quick watch.

4. Parks and Recreation

Parks and Recreation is one of the better known comedies of our generation. However, I'm pretty late to the party and am just now watching it. Whether you're watching it again or for the first time, like me, you can find the first six seasons on Netflix and the seventh will be there in January.

5. Friends

I grew up watching Friends and it's one of my all time favorite shows. It's funny, it's heartfelt and honestly Chandler is the love of my life. You can watch all ten seasons on Netflix.

6. Desperate Housewives

If you like drama than Desperate Housewives is definitely the show for you. Filled with romance, divorce, feuds and murders it definitely packs all of the drama you could want into it's eight seasons. You can watch all eight seasons on Hulu.

7. The Mindy Project

Again one of my personal favorites, Mindy Kaling plays the gynecologist Mindy Lahiri, who doesn't quite have her life together. As of now the full first three seasons are available on Hulu and half of the fourth as it's in it's mid season hiatus.

8. New Girl

New Girl follows the life of Jessica Day and her three (sometimes four) male roommates. You can find the first four seasons on Netflix and the up to date episodes of the fifth season on Hulu.

9. Jane the Virgin

Jane the Virgin is one of the CW's best shows. It follows the life of Jane Villanueva after she is accidentally artificially inseminated, even though she's never had sex. The first two seasons are available on Netflix.

10. Grey's Anatomy

You probably won't be able to finish all twelve seasons of Grey's Anatomy over winter break but it's definitely worth starting. If you like drama, this is definitely the show for you. All twelve seasons are available on Netflix.

11. Scrubs

Scrubs also follows the life of doctor's and nurse's but this is more of a funny, feel good comedy than a drama. All nine seasons are available on Netflix.

12. Bob's Burgers

If you like comedies than Bob's Burgers is the show for you. I think all of us can relate to Tina and her teenage struggles. You can watch it on Netflix.

13. Dexter

Dexter is definitely a darker show as it focuses on the life of a serial killer who works in the homicide department as a forensic annalist. The part that makes Dexter such a good watch is that he only murders other criminals, and his adoptive father, a detective, taught him how. All eight seasons are available on Netflix.

14. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

I've yet to watch this one myself, but it's on my list for break. According to IMDB "After being rescued from an underground bunker in which she lived the past 15 years, Kimmy Schmidt decides to move to New York to have a normal life. She makes friends with her new roommate Titus, and works as a babysitter for Jacqueline Voorhees, the wife of a billionaire with many issues. Even though many obstacles are thrown her way, Kimmy makes the best of her new life while having to adapt to the new world around her."

15. Stranger Things

Again, this is one I haven't seen yet but is on my list. As told by IMDB it is the story of how "When a young boy disappears, his mother, a police chief, and his friends must confront terrifying forces in order to get him back.". The first season is available on Netflix now.